Today I’m going to continue covering the eighteen lessons that I learned in 2018 that helped me grow a business to $100,000 per month in revenue.
9. Most people are managers of their lives instead of CEOs. They worry only about the day-to-day instead of making strategic decisions. Some management duties in your life could include paying bills, going to work, buying groceries, and other day-to-day things that don’t have a huge impact on the direction that your life is heading in. Be the CEO and create a strategy for your life. Choose where to invest your time and resources and cut out unnecessary things.
10. If you want a change in life, hire someone to produce it. This keeps you accountable and gets the job done. This previous year, I finally hired a personal trainer. I wanted to get in really good shape, and I knew that I couldn’t do it on my own because I had been going to the gym previously but wasn’t making much process. If your business isn’t growing, hire a business coach or join a course.
11. Say yes to things, then figure out how to get the courage to get them done. If I’m scared of something, I’ll commit to it while putting my fear aside for a second, and then figure out how to get it done. If you’re scared to take on a new client because you don’t know if you can handle it, just say yes.
12. Life is boring without community. If you want to accomplish great things in life, create a community around everything you’re passionate about or that you’re working towards. It’s a lot easier to give up if there’s nobody around.
13. Giving up alcohol. This one is controversial, because people think I’m telling them they need to do it. I decided to give up alcohol to be healthier mentally and physically and to focus on long-term vision in my life.
14. Growth is in the poles, or polar opposites. You need to attack what you are afraid of. If you’re not making progress in one area of your life, it’s probably because you’re scared of polarity in that area. You must surrender to what you’re afraid of.
Be sure to check out the next episode where I finish telling you the lessons I learned in 2018.
To learn more about growing an online business like I did last year, visit https://www.christianmartin.org/podcast