We know that the shortage of skilled labor has a multitude of impacts on productivity and job site planning. Listen how Kiewit Power Contractors manage this critical part of their success.
· How many welders typically are working on a Kiewit Power Constructors job site?
· What trades and what roles do they play on a jobsite?
· What kind of education or certifications are needed to be a welder on a Kiewit Power Constructors jobsite?
· How does Kiewit Power Constructors train welders that arrive to the job site?
· How do you work with the Locals to ensure quality people are coming to the site?
· Do you conduct your own internal training on the job?
· Are there laborers that follow from one job site to the other?
· Do you see a shortage in welding labor like the other skilled trades?
· What do you think needs to happen within the industry to change this?