Show Notes Container Stuff
1. Docker - New CEO; Docker > Moby;
2. Kubernetes winning the Container Orchestration Wars - but do we now only talk about it being boring and irrelevant?
Cloud Stuff - When do we hit the Cloud Tipping Point
3.Azure getting bigger, but big enough? ($20B run-rate; includes O365)
4.AWS re:Invent - can it be stopped? ($18B run-rate)
5.Google Cloud - still ??? (says almost 2,500 employees)
6. New Blue Print Emerging? Hyper-Converged Infrastructure & “Secondary Storage” all with public cloud integration. Also virtualization vs. containers orchestration
7. VMware’s cloud direction? - Big 3 Public Clouds have placed their bets (AWS/VMware, GCP/Nutanix/Cisco/VMware, Azure/Azure Stack)
8. Where does Serverless Fit? Does it? Is it a Public Cloud only play?
Stuff we don’t understand - We have been Emerging Tech, Where is the next emerging tech?
9. BitCoin / Blockchain - did you bet your mortgage on it? Aaron’s interesting conversation around this recently
10. AI & ML - AWS is trying to make it easier (DeepLens); everyone including AI in their products