BLESS THIS HOME PT.4
• We are not just a CHRISTIAN family
• We are a Christ-CENTERED home
TODAY’S KEY THOUGHT:
• If you are a Christ-centered family, you will be PERSECUTED.
KEY PASSAGE: Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 5:10)
PREPARING YOUR FAMILY FOR PERSECUTION
1. EXPECT it.
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted… (2 Timothy 3:12)
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first…you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. (John 15:18-20)
2. ENDURE it.
…When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it. (1 Corinthians 4:12)
• When family identity is STRONG, peer pressure is weak.
• When family identity is WEAK, peer pressure is strong.
3. EMBRACE it.
16 However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name. (1 Peter 4:16)
WHAT STEPS MIGHT YOU NEED TO TAKE TO BETTER PREPARE YOUR FAMILY FOR PERSECUTION?