PART 1 OF “BEING RICH” SERIES
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. 18 Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. 19 In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life. (1 Tim. 6:17-19, NIV)
1. The good news is: you are RICH!
Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them…this is a gift of God. (Eccl. 5:19)
• God has blessed me with MORE than I need. I’m RICH.
2. The bad news is: you are RICH!
Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! 25 Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.” (Luke 18:24-25)
THREE CHALLENGES OF BEING RICH
• It is harder for you to depend on GOD
• It distracts you from true PRIORITIES
• You have greater RESPONSIBILITY