Part 2 of Series: “Taking Responsibility”
New Highland Baptist Church (Message adapted from Andy Stanley, Senior Pastor of North Point Ministries through purchase of Sermon Essentials Kit from North Point Resources.)
Big Idea: We reap what we sow . . . later . . . greater.
The Principle: People reap (harvest) what they sow (plant).
1. Test your own actions. Don’t COMPARE yourself to somebody else—Gal. 6:3-4.
2. Carry your own LOAD—Gal. 6:5.
3. God cannot be FOOLED—Gal. 6:7a.
4. People REAP what they SOW—Gal. 6:7.
Application: You can IGNORE it and reap the consequences or you can LEVERAGE it and reap the benefits—Gal. 6:8. Here’s how to leverage the principle:
1. Take responsibility for your piece of the “chaos” pie.
2. Do the things you should have been doing all along.
“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” (Gal. 6:9, NIV).