Part 3 of Series: “Taking Responsibility”
New Highland Baptist Church
(This series was adapted from the series "Taking Responsibility for Your Life" by Andy Stanley, Pastor of North Point Ministries. We purchased the Sermon Essentials Kit from North Point Resources.)
Key Points in Series:
• Irresponsibility is “when I don’t take responsibility for the things that I am responsible for.”
• Someone else always has to pay the cost of our irresponsibility.
• Our irresponsibility eventually catches up with us.
Today we will address three groups of people in light of biblical history as recorded in Joshua 7:2-13
1. Very religious people who MASK irresponsibility with prayer.
2. People with misguided COMPASSION who facilitate irresponsibility.
3. People who reap what IRRESPONSIBLE people have been sowing.
There is a time to pray and there is a time to “stand up and do something” . . . a time to take responsibility.
Questions to Answer:
1. Where do you need to stand up and take responsibility?
2. Where are you using prayer as an excuse for inactivity?
3. Where are you using misguided compassion as an excuse?