In this episode of the Executive Innovation Show Podcast, Carrie Chitsey speaks with Chad Worz, the CEO of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists and Ashlee Kleevens Hayes, the founder of RX Ashlee and host of the RX Buzz Podcast.
Chad Worz is the Chief Executive Officer of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists. He is a pharmacist and has been working on managing medications for people his entire career.
Ashlee Klevens Hayes is the founder of Rx Ashley. She is also the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy Career Strategist and is the host of the RX Buzz podcast which is affiliated with the Pharmacy Podcast Network. Her show is consistently ranked top 30 business podcasts on Apple.
Listen in as we talk about topics such as:
- Listen as we talk with Chad Worz about his journey within the pharmacy world, his current role at the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, and some of the technology innovation he’s seeing in pharmacy. Hear more about his career path in becoming a consulting pharmacist.
- How are consulting pharmacist working to educate population health such as Baby Boomers on medication management? With the adult population over 65 consuming 39% of all medications in the country, Chad talks about the innovative work being done by pharmacists to reduce the amount of needed medication.
- What are the differences between a consultant pharmacist and a retail pharmacist? We break down the day-to-day of a consultant pharmacist and the role in managing medications, providing proactive healthcare, and more.
- How can pharmacist use technology innovation such as video telepharmacy to virtually provide better care to patients? As we reach a total of 74 million Americans over the age of 65 by 2030 the need for technology such as telepharmacy is critical. Listen as Chad Worz gives specific examples of how pharmacists can use video telepharmacy to improve the lives of patients.
- Reimbursement hurdles are obstacles not only in pharmacies but from moving from a fee for service to a value based care model. Listen as we talk about the different ways pharmacist can get paid for video telepharmacy and how that will look in the future.
- Hear Chad explain how value-based care and patient-specific care as two concepts that pharmacists need to be thinking about.
- What made Ashlee Klevens Hayes want to become a pharmacist? We talk with her about her family history in pharmacy and what attributed to her journey in the pharmacy space.
- She talks about how growing her brand/company and networking allowed her to teach and consult others on their career path, such as her current role at University of Southern California.
- With 50% of Americans taking some kind of prescription medication and 330 billion dollars spent on prescription medications a year, how are the pharmacist that Ashlee works with being entrepreneurial with technology such as video telepharmacy and changing the industry?
- With Millennials and soon Gen Z’s coming out of pharmacy school, what should they be thinking in regards to their career path? Listen for her insights in figuring out the different areas available in being a pharmacists outside of just retail pharmacy.
The American Society of Consultant Pharmacists reaches 50 years, visit their website to learn more.
Keep up with Ashlee and her podcast at www.rxashlee.com. You can listen to the RX Buzz podcast with Carrie Chitsey.
To learn more about video Telepharmacy solutions and watch
Support the show