Welcome to the Executive Innovation Show Podcast, presented by One Touch Telehealth. During this podcast hear host, Carrie Chitsey, talk with Dr. Sharon Stoll (CEO of Global Consultant MD) and Pete Stevenson (President and Chief Operating Officer of eCare21).
Dr. Sharon Stoll is CEO of Global Consultant MD, a medical consulting firm based out of Philadelphia. She is a neurologist by training, who completed her neurology residency at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia and then her Neuroimmunology fellowship at Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Stoll continues to play an active role in academic development and continuing medical education. She has received numerous awards including the Rodney Bell teaching award and is a nationally renowned speaker.
Pete Stevenson is President and Chief Operating Officer of eCare21 – a leading Virtual Care company. Before eCare21, Pete founded an IT Security company and led it from INC 500 recognition to acquisition, followed by an 11-year career with IBM leading their Enterprise Security SWAT team.
Listen to “The “New” Remote Monitoring Last Mile: From Alerts to Real-Time Virtual Patient Outcomes” as we discuss:
- What has caused the rise and buzz surrounding remote monitoring? Has new digital technology increased the conversation? Dr. Sharon Stoll speaks to why she believes the conversation around remote monitoring has heightened.
- Remote monitoring has the potential to help everyone from the payers, to the providers and most importantly the patients. What boundaries does this medical device technology break down for patients?
- Why does remote monitoring alone, not help with reducing healthcare costs and patient outcomes? Find out why with video telehealth as the “last mile” behind remote monitoring technology can help so many patients avoid the emergency room.
- With data and real-time testing, can doctors still handle an asthmatic patient’s “flair ups” virtually through telehealth to avoid ER trips? Dr. Sharon Stoll explains her experience with COPD medical devices and MS testing and why the need for a physical exam is not needed in most cases.
- With new changes to healthcare policy that has allowed for remote monitoring billable codes that are reimbursed and telehealth billable codes, Pete talks about how the rise of remote patient monitoring is advancing the market for virtual care.
- Policy drives change. Pete and Carrie talk about how the recent changes to healthcare policy are opening the door for higher-tech adoption, telehealth, and truly closing the last mile in virtual care.
- How will the executive order, “Advancing American Kidney Health”, begin to solve many of the problems regarding kidney health in America. Hear Pete and Carrie break down what the future of home dialysis will look like in taking a hemodialysis driven market to a peritoneal dialysis “home” market. The dialysis center companies are really heating up trying to figure out all the operational issues to address to move a market to 80% home dialysis by 2025. What impacts does it have to the renal care ecosystem? Carrie goes over all the areas in which we’re going to need to see change that will require virtual care support with a combination of remote patient monitoring, video telehealth and video chat support for Baxter home machines.
Learn more about eCare21 and keep up with their recent white papers and news.
Follow Dr. Sharon Stoll on Instagram and review Global Consult MD.
Learn more about One Touch Telehealth
Support the show