Welcome to the Executive Innovation Show Podcast, brought to you by Live Video Interviews. During this podcast hear host, Carrie Chitsey, talk with Gelena Sachs (VP of People at Ridecell) and Deborah Moroz (Chief Human Resources Officer of Health-Ade Kombucha).
Gelena Sachs is the VP of People at Ridecell. Trusted leader and change agent with a broad perspective on best practices from leading companies listed as Fortune’s Best Places to Work.
Deborah Moroz is the Chief Human Resources Officer of Health-Ade Kombucha. She is a senior HR leader who specializes in supporting organizations through change, including during times of fast growth. Ms. Moroz is currently writing a book about how to realize an ideal corporate culture.
Listen to “Recruitment Challenges: High Growth Hiring Pains” as we discuss:
- Let's talk about mid-sized companies' hiring pains. What are they and what do Deborah Moroz and Gelena Sachs believe are some of the challenges they see in their hiring process today. Listen to what these HR professionals pick.
- What is your current recruiting process? Deborah talks about the importance of having a strong organized hiring process established and maintained for your company.
- What recruiting strategies does Health-Ade Kombucha implement to select candidates that they know will be a culture fit? They conduct what they call an executive "culture interview". Since the leadership team has placed a strong emphasis on being involved in this interview, Carrie wants to understand more what it entails. What exactly happens in this culture interview?
- Why does Gelena Sachs not like the term "culture fit". She talks about how she asks her hiring managers to look for the cultural add. You should be looking at what cultural gaps will that candidate fill for the company. Listen to find out.
- As your company grows, you may be looking at expanding into parts of Kooning, India like Ridecell. Gelena talks about how you need to localize your culture values for that specific country or region.
- Hear the advice Gelena and Deborah would give to HR professionals going through HR high growth scaling. For companies that don't have the best and most expensive recruitment software, they must work leaner. What are some of the tools that helped Health-Ade Kombucha and Ridecell?
- Deborah gives insightful advice on the three key components you should have in place to make sure you have a scalable company culture during high growth.
- Deborah and Gelena talk about how giving employees the chance to learn, grow and evolve their skills is a great draw for top talent.
- Deborah and Gelena answer our favorite question - "What keeps you up at night?".
Want to keep with Ridecell as they are on the cutting edge of mobility? Follow them on Twitter.
Learn more about Health-Ade Kombucha as they continue to grow in the kombucha space.
Download the White Paper, "Reach & Recruit a Passive Front-Line Talent Pool" to learn more about how to find and hire the best talent available.
Support the show