In this special episode, Pastor Jeff Cranston has a conversation with Dr. Dana Goodnough. Dr. Goodnough is the Lead Pastor of Pittsford Community Church (New York), and has been a pastor in the church since 1985. He is also an author of an incredible book that we will discuss, entitled ‘Three Minute Theology.’
Watch here on my YouTube channel.
Let’s dig in as we discuss the topic of theology and its current situation in Christian culture.
[00:01 - 06:19] Opening Segment
- Let’s welcome and get to know Dr. Dana Goodnough.
- Pastor Jeff and Dr. Dana share their experience in the ministry.
- Pastor Jeff gives a brief introduction of Dr. Dana’s book
- Three-Minute Theology: 66 Simple Lessons on Basic Bible Doctrines.
- Dr. Dana talks about how he stays and pastoring a church since 1985.
[06:20 - 15:41] Three-Minute Theology
- Dr. Dana shares the reason why he wrote this book.
- Pastor Jeff and Dr. Dana discuss the increase of unawareness of theology among Christians today.
- The major misperception of the difficulty of theology.
- Dr. Dana talks about the mystery of doctrines in Scripture and how he comprehends that.
- Dr. Dana breaks down what it means to do theology and Christianity.
[15:42 - 22:49] The Current situation and Emerging Trends in Christian Culture.
- Pastor Jeff talks about the results of the theological survey.
- Dr. Dana shares his view on the results of the survey.
- Dr. Dana shares the repercussions that he foresees for the churches as we move to the next decade.
- Dr. Dana talks about the emerging trends in the western church that are theologically dangerous.
[22:50 - 28:08] Closing Segment
- Dr. Dana shares encouragement for us as theologians to move forward
- Redefine what we think of as the church and are we a counterculture.
- Live in a way that shows love to our neighbor and others.
- Live in faith, love, and the whole reality of our Christian experience.
- Connect with Dr. Dana at the links below.
- Final words from Pastor Jeff.
“The study of theology is a lifelong journey that gets even richer the further you go along.” - Dr. Dana Goodnough.
“Why would we love God with our mind? because that's going to keep us on track with our soul and over our practice.” - Dr. Dana Goodnough.
“There are mysteries that God doesn’t intend for us to fully comprehend.” - Dr. Dana Goodnough.
Bible Verses and Other Sources Mentioned:
To connect and know more about Dr. Dana Goodnough, you can visit pittsfordcc.org and www.fixyoureyesonjesus.com.
Join the Conversation
We love your feedback! If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review. If you have any questions or comments on today’s episode, email me at [email protected]
Visit my website jeffcranston.com and subscribe to my newsletter. Join me on Sunday mornings at LowCountry Community Church.
Check-in with us on Facebook or Instagram @pastorjeffcranston.
Remember, the real power of theology is not only knowing it but applying it. Thanks for listening!