“How we comprehend and view eschatology affects how we conduct our lives, and what we may expect to happen in the overall plan of God.” - Pastor Jeff Cranston
Merry Christmas Kitchen Table Theology Family! In this episode, Pastor Jeff and Jen Denton kick off a new series on the End Times or Eschatology. We define our terms and give an overlay of everything that will be discussed in the next few episodes.
- Email email@example.com with your questions on the end times
- Recalling end-times predictors that made international news
- Eschatology is a popular topic, but a very often misunderstood one as well
- The contention on the rapture
[04:55] What is Eschatology?
- The study of what the Bible says is going to happen in the end times
- How we comprehend and view eschatology affects how we conduct our lives and understand the overall plan of God
- How we should NOT study eschatology
- We should be so fixated on the future, that we ignore the present
- How eschatology can help our Christian walk
[08:38] A Biblical Grounding on the End Times
- As Christians, we have a future beyond the pain of this world (Titus 2:11-15)
- The Rapture, we can define is an instantaneous gathering-up of the whole church from the earth to meet Christ in the air and be with Him forever (1 Thes 4:13)
- The Second Coming, Rapture, Tribulation
[17:11] Understanding the Millenium
- The 1000 year period in which Christ will reign on earth and fulfill the Abrahamic, Davidic, and New Covenant
- Premillennialism andPostmillennialism
[21:22] Understanding the Rapture
- Pre Tribulation - the rapture will occur before the beginning of a seven-year tribulation period, while the second coming will occur at the end of it
- Mid Tribulation - the view that the rapture will take place at that three and a half year point
- Post Tribulation - a view that the rapture will coincide with the second coming of Christ at the end of the tribulation
[26:23] Closing Segment
“Eschatology unfolds the prophetic program that God has for humanity, for Israel, for the church, and for the entire created order of the universe.” - Pastor Jeff Cranston
“It's unhealthy for us if we were to have such a fixation on the future, that we ignore the present.” - Pastor Jeff Cranston
Join the Conversation
We love your feedback! If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review. If you have any questions or comments on today’s episode, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit my website https://www.jeffcranston.com and subscribe to my newsletter. Join me on Sunday mornings at LowCountry Community Church.
Check-in with us on Facebook or Instagram @pastorjeffcranston
Remember, the real power of theology is not only knowing it but applying it. Thanks for listening!