“The Tribulation is the seven-year period in the end times in which humanity's decadence and depravity will reach its fullness. All will be led by the Antichrist or the beast, who will be under the power and influence of Satan, himself. But eventually, at the close of that seven-year period, God will judge accordingly.” - Jen Denton
Happy New Year, Kitchen Table Theology Family! In our first episode of 2022, Pastor Jeff and Jen Denton continue our series on Eschatology. Previously we’ve defined our terms, we’ve covered the rapture, and today we’re covering the tribulation.
- What follows the rapture is the tribulation
[04:30] What Is The Tribulation?
- The period of time between the Lord's return for His church and His second coming to earth
- The purpose of the seven-year period of tribulation
- Significant events due to take place during the tribulation period
- An intensive evangelistic ministry (Matt 24:14)
- God will begin again to deal with Israel
[09:36] When Will The Tribulation Happen?
- From the church's rapture to the Lord second coming to earth (Matt 24:29-31)
- Understanding the timeline of the tribulation (Daniel 9:24-27)
- The Anointed One will be killed
- The temple is destroyed
- 483 years after the decree to rebuild Jerusalem, the Messiah will be cut off
- The Antichrist or beast will place an image of himself in the temple and is going to require the world to worship Him (Rev 13)
[19:56] Who is The Antichrist?
- During the future tribulation period, the world will be ruled by a godless man presiding over an evil governmental system (Rev 13)
- What scripture says about the antichrist or the beast
- The beast will be revealed only when God removes the restraining influence of the Holy Spirit from Earth (2 Thes 2)
[25:30] Closing Segment
“The end of all doctrine is to lead it to the knowledge of God and to the worship of God.” - David Martyn Lloyd-Jones
Join the Conversation
We love your feedback! If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review. If you have any questions or comments on today’s episode, email me at email@example.com
Visit my website https://www.jeffcranston.com and subscribe to my newsletter. Join me on Sunday mornings at LowCountry Community Church.
Check-in with us on Facebook or Instagram @pastorjeffcranston
Remember, the real power of theology is not only knowing it but applying it. Thanks for listening!