In this episode of the Balance Boldly Podcast with Naketa Ren Thigpen, we meet Brandi Bernoskie, a blogger and the founder of Alchemy+Aim. She opens up about new ventures, growing a business organically and the importance of intentionality.
What I have noticed is that there is sometimes, this lie that we tell ourselves that our meaning, like our meaning as individuals comes from doing, and that is not the truth. So, you can get absolutely lost in that space if you keep buying into that and think that your meeting your value, your worth is in the doing, is in the achievement, and in all of those details, the awards and accolades and milestones and goals you've reached. But we are so much more than that. – Brandi Bernoskie [14.02]
What you will learn
· How Brandi turned to the path of blogging and consolidated herself professionally
· The importance of work-life balance and intentionality.
· Why it's necessary to commit to and take care of yourself first.
· How she creates a buffer period after an intense work period.
· How life's meaning does not always come from action, awards, and milestones.
· The way we often do things to project a favorable appearance.
· Not everything needs to be captured by our phone for it to be captured in our heart.
· Why she took the bold decision to eventually move away from blogging.
· The concept of "pivoting."
· How it doesn't hurt to be Jack of all trades if it gets you closer to your purpose.
· The Sunday ritual that helps Brandi to be more intentional.
More about Brandi Bernoskie
Brandi Bernoskie began her career as a blogger, teaching herself the ins and outs of WordPress before her friends began to notice and asked her for help with their own websites. When she found herself hiring her first assistant after freelancing for a while, she knew she had something special. She founded Alchemy+Aim in 2013, naming it for the transformation that takes place when the science and technology of web development meets the human aspect of what those websites were designed for.
Subscribe, REVIEW, Share & Balance Boldly
Recently Rated #8 by Feedspot on The Top 35 Women in Business Podcast to Follow in 2020!
On the Balance Boldly Podcast, host Naketa R. Thigpen talks with ambitious women in business (and a few brave men) from a wide array of industries about their pursuit of success, how they face business burnout and what work/life balance looks like for them. Not your conventional self-help podcast, Balance Boldly uncovers real solutions to real problems afflicting real people at home and in the workplace, daily.
If you enjoyed this episode, head over to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, iHeart Radio, or Google Play to subscribe to the show and leave your honest review.
If you want to dive deeper into topics around work/life (and LOVE), expounding on how to leverage the intimacy advantage in your business join me in our free private group on Facebook: Certified Selfish.
Connect with me, Naketa R. Thigpen @asknaketa on IG, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
Now Go. Create Your Balance. Create Your Joy. But remember, do it, BOLDLY!
Thank you for listening!