Dr. Tara Egan, host
Anna, teen co-host
Tara and Anna team up again to have an informative conversation on consequences and how they impact us everyday, especially when disciplining our kids. In this episode, they are educating us all on "Natural vs. Logical Consequences: What Are They and When Should You Use Them"?
In Tara's work with clients, parents often share that they don't really know how to give consequences to their children-- positive or negative.
Tune in to learn:
- What is a natural consequence and logical consequence.
- How parents sometimes interfere natural consequences from happening.
- That sometimes kids are not phased by natural consequences and what to do instead.
- If the consequence is going to be effective.
- How to help your kids to understand the differences.
- AND LOTS of great examples and tips how to effectively use each type of consequences when disciplining
Need extra support around this---reach out and see how 1-on-1 support can help.
Learn more about Dr. Tara Egan's coaching, books, webinars, public speaking opportunities, and consultation services RIGHT HERE.
To learn more about Dr. Tara Egan's child & adolescent therapy services in Charlotte, NC, visit HERE.
To join our private FB group for parents of high schoolers and soon-to-be high schoolers, visit HERE.
To join us on Instagram, visit HERE.
To learn more about Dr. Egan's online mini-course called "Managing Your Family's Technology and Social Media", created to help parents eliminate power struggles, keep your family safe from internet misuse, and reconnect with your family, go HERE.
Podcast edited by Christian Fox