The Podcast Initiative is a joint action of the European Lifestyle Medicine Organization (ELMO) and the Belgian Lifestyle Medicine Organization (BELMO) to familiarize you with the activities of these two organizations and the principles of the lifestyle medicine.
In the first chapter of our series of podcasts, Ioan Hanes, MD (Belgium) and Ines Correia, MD (Portugal) will talk about:
- doctor Ignac Semmelweis, who introduced the standard of hand hygiene, so often used these days
- the interview with Tatiana Popescu, MD from Bucharest, Romania, which focuses on how she changed the nutrition habits of her family after graduating from the European Lifestyle Medicine Certificate
- intermittent fasting between tradition and medical recommendations
- the new book about intermittent fasting- Life in the Fasting Lane: the essential guide to making intermittent fasting simple, sustainable, and enjoyable by Jason Fung, Eve Mayor and Megan Ramos
- how nutrition affects our genes, and how a modern nutrition consultation looks like: an interview with the Greek nutrition researcher Valentini Konstantinidou, Phd, from Spain.