Unlocking Athletic Potential
Episode #31 | David Watson - The Global Rise of Spartan Race in 2021
January 14, 2021
Ian Deeth and Johnny Tieu
We welcome David Watson, Vice president of Product at Spartan Race, the leading OCR Brand in the world, to the UAP Podcast.
- David’s role and the challenges of managing a global roster of 250+ multicultural athletes with widely varying personalities
- Common traits which he sees across the Spartan Pro Team which help them rise above the rest of the competition
- Lessons learnt from building a sport from scratch
- Spartan’s major challenges and successes over the past 12 months
- The success of the Spartan Games, what we can expect from the Games in 2021, and the roll out of sub-events from these Games to the wider Spartan community
- What we can look forward to from Spartan in 2021 including some this year’s Spartan Trail series
- Are we ever likely to see a World Championships in Asia?
- David’s male and female stand out Spartan athletes from his time with the company
Unlocking Athletic Potential proudly partners with Red Dot Running Company, who specialise in sports nutrition and running kit and are based in Singapore. You can find them at rdrc.sg