Unlocking Athletic Potential
E#40 | Lauren Stroud - From U.S. Olympic Marathon Trials to OCR Elite and Dekafit Champion
April 02, 2021
Ian Deeth and Johnny Tieu
Lauren Stroud is a two-time U.S. Olympic Marathon Trialist and has a PB of 2 hours 44 minutes over the distance. She also boasts some very impressive times over 5km (16:18), 10km (34:11) and the half marathon (1:14).
Lauren has recently made the transition over to Elite Obstacle Course Racing and Hybrid Endurance events, making her Elite Spartan Race debut at the USNS opener at Jacksonville in February. She then podiumed in her second race at San Antonio before going on to win the inaugural Spartan Dekafit in her home state of Texas.
In this episode we discuss:
- When the idea of competing in OCR first cropped up, her first experience at Savage Race and then why she decided to jump in for her debut at the USNS Elite Spartan Sprint race in Jacksonville
- Lessons learnt from Jacksonville and a race recap from her first podium in San Antonio
- A breakdown of her Dekafit victory
- Key sessions leading into these OCR races
- Future goals
- Striking a balance between being a mum and trying to unlock her athletic potential
- Breaking the Guiness world record for the half marathon pushing a stroller
- The ONE biggest factor in helping her unlock your athletic potential
Unlocking Athletic Potential proudly partners with Red Dot Running Company, who specialise in sports nutrition and running kit and are based in Singapore. You can find them at rdrc.sg