Unlocking Athletic Potential
E#42 | Tessa Philippaerts - Journey to Becoming Canicross World Champion
April 15, 2021
Ian Deeth and Johnny Tieu
We welcome Tessa Philippaerts to the @unlockingathleticpotential podcast. Tessa is a multiple canicross world champion, originally from Belgium, now residing in Norway. She is also a running & canicross coach.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Tessa’s combined love for dogs and passion for running helped her discover canicross
- Her progression in the sport and the early successes and challenges on this journey
- Competing in her first World Championships in Borken, Germany, in 2011 as a Junior, where she ending up beating the times of al the senior women (and most of the men)
- The specific training sessions that help her (Tessa the runner) get in shape and her own personal aspirations /goals in running
- The team of dogs she runs with and how her training programme works
- The first steps for dog owners to consider when they start running as a duo recreationally (equipment, training, environment)
- The next steps for dog owners to consider if they want to start competing in canicross
- The ONE biggest factor in helping her and her dogs, as a canicross duo, unlock their athletic potential
Check out nonstopdogwear.com for professional gear for active dogs and their humans. Unleash your potential through ergonomic and innovative gear designed in Scandinavia.
Unlocking Athletic Potential proudly partners with Red Dot Running Company, who specialise in sports nutrition and running kit and are based in Singapore. You can find them at rdrc.sg