September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and Chief Rickard sat down with members of the Orange County Suicide Prevention Committee, Call Center, and Mobile Mental Health. It is our hope that you will share this podcast and the information to others to help save a life.
To reach the Call Center (ALL CALLS ARE CONFIDENTIAL)
Dial 3-1-1 or 800-832-1200
- Provides telephone support, assessment, and a warm connection to appropriate services if needed.
- Refers callers to Peer supports to assist with engagement to service, help to navigate the system, and on-going support.
Did you know?
- Mobile Mental Health is now the Orange County Crisis Mobile Response Team.
- The Call Center can send a peer to meet you in the community.
- Text4Teens is now available 24 hrs a day by texting 845-391-1000.
- Rape Crisis Services can be accessed through the Call Center.
- The Call Center will provide information and referrals.
- The Orange County Crisis Mobile Response Team now provides Mental Health, Substance Use Disorder, and Developmental Disability Crisis Response.
To contact Angela Turk regarding the Orange County Suicide Prevention Committee or training for your organization, please call 845-291-2600, or 845-291-6610.
We would like to thank Darcie Miller, Orange County Commissioner of Social Services and Mental Health for putting this together. We would also like to thank Angela Turk, Sean Gerow, Sheena Carey, Laura Altieri, Tammy Rhein, and Nora Sheppard for taking time to talk about this important topic and the resources available in Orange County.