John begins by recapping the previous weeks of The Season of Creation, and then builds on that by suggesting that"
- we are enmeshed and sustained by web of life – includes all animals great and small
- scripture invites us to see animals not as resources for our use but as our brothers and sisters
- God creates and gives life through all animals by their very existence
- they hold life in an intricate self-sustaining web
- we are damaging if not killing it
John finishes by asking:
- in what ways does our longing for the coming of God’s justice and peace includes a world where ALL living creatures, great and small, have the resources to experience fullness of life.
- in what ways do we honour our brothers and sisters in our actions and attitudes?
- how we might live in ways that allows them to continue doing God’s work?
The notes for this can be found here