In this episode, Yonah Weiss and Amy Sylvis talk about the idea of success. They discuss how success can be defined in many different ways and how it affects everyone differently. They also talk about how success can be used as an tool to achieve goals or as a motivator to keep going when things get tough.
[00:01 - 05:22] Opening Segment
- Yonah and Amy discuss how giving has benefits for both the giver and recipient, and that networking is key to success.
- The principles behind Rich Dad Poor Dad and having a paradigm shift in mindset about finances without depending on their time or physical health.
[05:23 - 14:26] Giving Back to the Community
- Yonah and Amy discuss the importance of having a healthy awareness of mortality and how it can be beneficial to talk about this with children.
- Real estate allows to give back to the community and help others in need.
- Real estate investing is a business, and the investors are not the customer.
- Focus on making the tenants' experience as positive as possible.
[14:27 - 26:05] Acknowledging the Fragility of Life
- Amy discusses cystic fibrosis and how it needed so muchtime, money, and investment to get the drug developed.
- Hope for the future because of advances in gene therapy
- It is an important part of a successful person to give back, as it is an investment in other people's lives.
[26:06 - 32:43] THE FINAL FOUR
- What's the worst job that you ever had?
- A CPG company in the West
- What's a book you've read that has given you a paradigm shift?
- What is a skill or talent that you would like to learn?
- What does success mean to you?
- Having an impact on others and giving back
Connect with Amy
LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW by clicking this link.
WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE?
Be sure to follow me on the below platforms:
Subscribe to the podcast on Apple, Spotify, Google, or Stitcher.
Exclusive Facebook Group
None of this could be possible without the awesome team at Buzzsprout. They make it easy to get your show listed on every major podcast platform.
“We're all designed as humans to be happiest when we give.” - Amy Sylvis
“Having that focus and really caring, I think that's really the success of every business.” - Yonah Weiss
“If you change one person's life, you can actually change the whole world.” - Yonah Weiss
Support the show