In this episode of Deep Questions I answer reader questions about Stephen Covey's quad systems, the quixotic quest for a "perfect" productivity system, and reducing laziness, among many other topics.
To submit your own questions, sign up for my mailing list at calnewport.com. You can also submit audio questions at https://www.speakpipe.com/CalNewport
Please consider subscribing (which helps iTunes rankings) and leaving a review or rating (which helps new listeners decide to try the show).
Here’s the full list of topics tackled in today’s episode along with the timestamps:
DEEP DIVE: The Deep Reset, Part 3
- Why did I become a scientist? [13:50]
- Time blocking scrum teams. [18:27]
- Stephen Covey’s quad systems. [22:50]
- Is an MS essential? [27:28]
- Time blocking the night before. [28:52]
- The futility of perfecting productivity systems [31:41]
- Thoughts on pair programming. [41:44]
- Keeping track of novel connections between ideas. [52:14]
- Forced social media use [55:15]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- Deep living for stay-at-home parents. [1:02:02]
- Dealing with people not interested in personal development. [1:08:56]
- Reducing laziness. [1:12:51]
Thanks to listener Jay Kerstens for the intro music.