Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
- How do I finish my day strong when time blocking? [5:09]
- What should I do to succeed as a new professor? [9:48]
- How do I protect deep work even as I become more recognized? [14:38]
- What are strategies for handling large ambiguous work tasks? [19:37]
- How do I stay productive in a one-bedroom apartment? [24:06]
- Can ASMR support deep work? [32:44]
- Do audiobooks count as long-form reading? [40:21]
- Should families use shared task lists? [40:45]
- How how I use YouTube while avoiding entertainment black holes? [46:29]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- How does one find joy in deep leisure? [50:00]
- It Eisenhower Box useful for constructing a deep life? [58:05]
- How do I escape the social media bubble the pandemic trapped me inside? [1:03:44]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music.