Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
- What makes a day "productive" for a researcher? [5:10]
- How do I get past imposter syndrome in academia? [9:29]
- Should I get a PhD to become a writer? [14:22]
- How can I make my team less reactive? [18:06]
- How do I make daily/weekly planning a habit that sticks? [28:12]
- Is attention training going to become an important sector? [31:47]
- How do I organize my electronic files and folders? [37:26]
- Where do I store random ideas? [44:46]
- How do I schedule my podcasting and blogging? [48:35]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- What do I do about a significant other who wallows in the shallows? [50:45]
- Can I become rich while living a deep life? [58:00]
- How do I cultivate a stronger sense of community? [1:01:56]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music.