Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP DIVE: Are NFTs frivolous or fundamental? [6:57]
- Does a world without email mean the return of voicemail? [23:42]
- Is Elon Musk right about not pursuing a PhD? [26:31]
- Is mastery incompatible with the deep life? [28:47]
- Do I need a todo list for my personal life? [39:15]
- How do you come up with catchy phrases like "hyperactive hive mind"? [41:26]
- Why am I wary of building a team? [44:12]
- How do I use the internet responsibly when there is so much information? [48:02]
- How do I learn to code while working a demanding job? [49:33]
- What are my (Cal) thoughts on Microsoft Teams? [55:41]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- How do I (Cal) spend my time outside of work and family? [58:49]
- How do I unplug from the "productivity machine" and relax? [1:01:10]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music.