Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP DIVE: What happens if you stop using your phone for a year? [3:55]
- How do I avoid the hyperactive hive mind in a new job? [11:36]
- How can the author of A WORLD WITHOUT EMAIL have an email list? [14:02]
- When did personal productivity become a thing? [16:25]
- Am I overcommitted or bad at time management? [25:47]
- How do I decide on roles for my task boards? [29:23]
- How can I become established as a content creator? (Or, the perils of "checklist productivity") [33:16]
- Recreating the water color in a world without email? [38:44]
- What are some good biographies for deep life inspiration? [46:38]
- What are my top 3 recommendations for someone looking to live deeper? [49:12]
- Can a commute be contemplative? [54:50]
- Where do I (Cal) write about "the deep life" in my books? [58:51]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music.