Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS
- How can I get others to accept a deeper work environment? [6:16]
- How can I escape meeting overload? [10:12]
- How can I ready myself for a deep work sessions? [18:00]
- Should I hire an assistant to help me with my emails? [22:14]
- How should indie authors use social media? [27:10]
- How do I stop being so distracted at work? [35:11]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- What is my (Cal) next book going to be about? [42:26]
- How do I preserve energy for home projects? [44:43]
- What do you (Cal) find valuable in the work of Abraham Joshua Heschel? [50:02]
- What is my (Cal) favorite Neil Postman book? [53:06]
- Can I write a novel if I'm a full-time computer programmer? [56:20]
- Nina how do you choose what to work deeply on? [58:56]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music.