Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS:
- How do I cultivate urgency for long-term projects? [2:49]
- How do I learn more about deliberate practice? [11:54]
- How do deal with an "open door" policy at work? [17:06]
- How can I return to academia after taking an industry job? [19:57]
- Does a commitment to deep work block me from management? [21:37]
- How do I avoid distractions when working from home? [24:56]
- Can condensed deep work rituals still be effective? [27:45]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS:
- How should I use boredom? [37:09]
- Will organized schedules undermine my social life? [45:42]
- What is my (Cal) take on Clubhouse? [52:11]
- How can someone with few resources cultivate meaningful leisure? [56:48]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music and Mark Miles for mastering.