Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS
- How do I find free time as a working mother? [2:10]
- How do I time block unpredictable support tasks? [13:56]
- How many items are on my (Cal's) task lists and how often do I review? [18:51]
- How do I stay productive without clear deadlines? [27:09]
- How do get started writing? [32:33]
- How do I know if an idea is good? [37:56]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- How do I integrate uncertainty into my goal setting? [43:01]
- How should I configure my smartphone notifications? (Rant Alert) [52:18]
- Should I quit my design job to become a writer? (Rant Alert #2) [57:50]
- How do I make progress on meaningful goals in difficult circumstances? [1:09:37]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music and Mark Miles for mastering.