Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP DIVE: Is Organization the Opiate of the Knowledge Work Masses? [1:02]
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS
- How do I choose skills to work deeply on? [15:18]
- What if I don't know what I want to do with my career or life? [20:11]
- How do I stop my students from overwhelming me right before deadlines? [23:38]
- When should you say "no" to interesting projects? [27:13]
- How do I preserve deep work now that I'm back in a real offie? [30:08]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- What are my (Cal) plans regarding my next book? [40:50]
- Would I (Cal) consider interviewing my wife? [41:32]
- What are the origins of my (Cal) ideas on leisure? [44:12]
- How do we get our 13-year-old off his iPhone? [50:31]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music and Mark Miles for mastering.