Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
ANNOUNCEMENT: I'm hiring! [0:20]
DEEP DIVE: The Elements of the Deep Life [3:51]
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS
- How should I get started in a new remote work job? [16:56]
- How I time block a purely reactive job? [21:56]
- Should I bother capturing tasks that are fast to complete? [25:26]
- How do I tame multiple concurrent projects? [29:00]
- How do I schedule optional deep work in an exhausting job? [31:58]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS
- How much time is left for family after goals and deep work? [38:32]
- Is there such a thing as deep fun? [41:20]
- I am addicted to my phone. What do I do? [43:24]
- How do I make a big life decision when I have lots of options? [49:11]
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music and Mark Miles for mastering.