Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP DIVE: What would you say you do here? [3:05]
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS:
- What time management strategies do you suggest if I work a 9-5 and want to pursue master's or phd? [13:32]
- How to overcome productivity pr0n?
- Lifehacker addict is hung up on the fomo (fear of missing out) of potential shortcuts. [19:51]
- could save time
- How to time block deep work while juggling the demands of "in the moment questions". [25:03]
- Pharmacist manager gets bogged down with constant questions despite needing time to do deep work.
- How do you differentiate productive meditation with "day-dreaming mode" to solve problems? [32:28]
- Relaxing the pre-frontal cortex
- What are your thoughts on scaling up for sole proprietors? [35:37]
- A digital marketer thinking of outsourcing for book keeping, etc.
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS:
- What do you do/read to keep the path of living a deep life? [38:57]
- What's your class policy regarding your students and their phone use? [42:38]
- How do you combat confirmation bias as an author and academic? [44:58]
- How do you balance reading new books and re-reading books (especially past ones that have proven valuable)?
Thanks to Jay Kerstens for the intro music and Mark Miles for mastering.