Below are the questions covered in today's episode (with their timestamps). For instructions on submitting your own questions, go to calnewport.com/podcast.
DEEP WORK QUESTIONS:
- Are some people more suited for deep work than others? [4:54]
- How do I tame post-shutdown excitement? [8:33]
- How to I deal with ambiguous deep work? [14:41]
- Can you (Cal) elaborate on the Friction/Flow/Finalization project pathway? [17:41]
- How do you time-block plan in a company obsessed with last minute meetings? [23:21]
DEEP LIFE QUESTIONS:
- Are you (Cal) a control freak? [41:16]
- What have you (Cal) learned from the pandemic? [45:07]
- Would you (Cal) do your CS research and writing if you couldn’t share it? [51:54]
- How did you (Cal) never get tempted to join a social media platform? [56:11]
- Is the monastic life the ultimate deep life? [59:24]
Thanks to Jesse Miller for production, Jay Kerstens for the intro music, and Mark Miles for mastering.