The Leading Lawyer Project with Sam Burrett
E11: How to be Legally Innovative - Anna Lozynski, Executive General Counsel of L'Oreal
August 11, 2020
What does it mean to be legally innovative? What do the legal leaders of today think about the future of legal practice?
When I started this podcast, one of my goals was to interview Anna Lozynski, the Executive General Counsel of L'Oreal and one of Australia's leading legal thought leaders. Safe to say this week's episode is a dream come true for me!
In this episode of the Leading Lawyer Podcast, we discuss:
- The journey from private practice to an in-house lawyer;
- Women in law and how women can succeed in law;
- Expectations vs reality in top-tier private practice;
- Why law school doesn't prepare you for real-life;
- Drawing on non-legal experience and education to succeed;
- What it's like to be a legal leader;
- How Anna's early tech adopter mentality prepared her for her current role;
- Being a lawyer is about having a commercial mindsetl;
- What innovation in law means;
- Should lawyers learn to code;
- How to handle push back as a trailblazer.
You can find more about Anna and her work here: