How Gong Takes a Less is More Approach to ABM
March 22, 2022
Kristina Jaramillo and Eric Gruber
Recently on LinkedIn, Corrina Owens (Senior Manager of ABM for Gong) mentioned that GTM teams need to take a less is more approach when it comes to ABM. It needs to be less of a targeted demand gen function and more about very few accounts at any given time and giving hyper, personal attention to these accounts, the individual buying committees, and the human buyers.
In this podcast you will learn:
- Why ABM tech like Demandbase, Terminus & 6sense should not be synonymous with ABM and how tech is only 1 piece of the puzzle. You'll see how the ABM tech platforms are diluting what ABM is about.
- How ABM has become targeted demand gen to fill the pipeline instead of becoming very intentional with each interaction to get accounts to revenue.
- The alignment you need with your cross-functional teams and with your target accounts.
- Why ABM should focus on the 20% of accounts that can deliver 80% of your revenue growth.
- The missing elements in most ABM strategies and why it's keeping sales and marketing teams from connecting with accounts and buyers that can make a real difference on the bottom line.
- How marketing should be stewards of data and how ABM should be a strategic partner vs. a tactical partner.
- How most 1:1 programs are just camouflaged one: few or 1: many programs.
- How sales and marketing teams are losing the mini selling conversations in the prospects' minds.
- The account-based enablement that's needed so sales and marketing can be personally relevant, hyper-attentive, and aligned with their future customers starting with the 1st interaction.
After you listen to this podcast, you may want to check out these additional resources: