We’d love to hear from you (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Look us up on social media
1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21 - The Fibonacci sequence and Binet’s formula also known as the Golden Ratio. What are they? What would you think if we said they’re how science defines beauty? Would you be surprised to find science even tries to define beauty much less successfully? Join hosts Shanti and Danny as we define beauty in nature and how it all revolves around the Fibonacci spiral and the golden ratio.
Support the show
- Saini, A.; The Code of Cuteness. BBCEarth. https://www.bbcearth.com/news/the-code-for-cuteness
- Horowitz, K.; 6 Surprising Facts About Quokkas. Mental Floss. 16-Jun-2014. https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/57159/6-things-know-about-super-cute-quokka
- Wu, K.; Love, Actually: The Science Behind Lust, Attraction, and Companionship. Harvard University. 14-Feb-2017. https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/love-actually-science-behind-lust-attraction-companionship/
- Bourne, M.; The Math Behind the Beauty. Inmath. https://www.intmath.com/numbers/math-of-beauty.php
- Livio, M.; The Golden Ratio: The World’s Most Astonishing Number. Broadway Books. 12-Nov-2008. ISBN 0-7679-0816-3.