In the final episode for Season 3 I catch up with therapist Ben Schiller.
It was a jam packed episode that covered a lot of ground. We chat about...
- drinking dreams, why we have them and how to use them to your advantage.
- why we de-prioritise our self work and ourselves.
- sitting with your feelings, how to do it and why it works.
- Should you have a big blow out before starting a sober challenge or embarking on a sober journey?
- reparenting your inner child.
- Mapping out your thoughts and triggers.
- Thriving in sobriety, how it's absolutely possible.
- navigating and leaning into the grieving process.
- The importance of becoming aware of the eight basic emotions.
- The one on one session I had with Dr Gabor Mate and what he taught me.
- Being with what is.
- Learning how to soothe your emotions.
- Exploring your identity.
- Enjoying all the different parts of your personality.
- What's next for you in your sobriety journey.
To get in contact with Ben go to
www.benschillerpsychology.com.au or email him firstname.lastname@example.org
This podcast was proudly brought to you by Monday Distillery, purveyors of beautiful, sugar free, non-alcoholic beverages. To find out more about them or to order some of their beautiful offerings head to https://mondaydistillery.com or https://osunsparkling.com/
Music for Monday Distillery ads by Ash Grunwald
Music for Podcast intro and outro written by Danni Carr performed by Mr Cassidy
for more resources go to
If you are struggling with physical dependancy on alcohol consider contacting a local AA meeting or a drug and alcohol therapist. Always consult a GP before stopping alcohol.