Episode 88: Financial Imposter Syndrome
February 03, 2023
If you've ever had a feeling of doubt that you deserve to have a successful practice after all the hard work you've put into running your business, you may be experiencing Imposter Syndrome. Today, Julie's chatting about how Imposter Syndrome may affect your finances and a few tips for how to combat it!
Click here to check out our Starting A Group Practice Workshop! Use the coupon code "LASTCALL" to get 25% off your registration until February 26th, 2023!
- What is Imposter Syndrome?
- A feeling of self-doubt that your success has been legitimately earned or achieved through your own hard work - people who struggle with imposter syndrome cannot internalize/recognize their own success
- Imposter Syndrome usually leads to burnout, anxiety, and ultimately quitting
- It most commonly happens in small practices that experience rapid, successful growth - the owner is not used to such a large influx of money and feels they haven't put in enough hard work to have earned it
- How can you beat Imposter Syndrome?
- Celebrate your small wins
- Give yourself permission to sit down once a week/month and take a look at your numbers and budget to ensure you are on track, then give yourself a pat on the back when you've been successful!
- Don't be too hard on yourself to make a mistake! Mistakes can be fixed and you can always re-tackle the problem tomorrow from a different angle.
- Recognize and celebrate when you achieve milestones in your practice
LINKS & RESOURCES
GreenOak Accounting - www.GreenOakAccounting.com
Therapy For Your Money Podcast - www.TherapyForYourMoney.com
Profit First for Therapists - www.ProfitFirstForTherapists.com