Episode 14- Managing California's Forests and Wildlands in Trying Times
Oct 27, 2020
Rural County Representatives of California (RCRC)
Our host, Paul A. Smith, speaks with Randy Moore, head of the Pacific Southwest Region (Region 5) of the U.S. Forest Service, about the work of managing California's forests and wildlands in these trying times of record-setting wildfires amid a global pandemic.
In this episode:
- How is the U.S. Forest Service structured for managing forests nationally and forest-by-forest?
- How does the Shared Stewardship Agreement between the U.S. Forest Service and CAL FIRE impact rural communities and the future of California's National Forests?
- How is the U.S. Forest Service partnering with RCRC's Golden State Natural Resources (GSNR) to benefit and protect rural communities?
- How has COVID-19 impacted the activities of the U.S. Forest Service?
- How could the outcome of the Presidential election impact forest service policy and the initiatives underway?
Find out more about the Pacific Southwest Region of the U.S. Forest Service: