Here's the Point from CrossPoint Christian Church in Whittier, CA
Who Do You Say Jesus Is?
September 04, 2022
CrossPoint Christian Church
We glorify God by having a proper biblical understanding of who Jesus is.
According to the Bible, Jesus is:
1. The long-awaited Messiah of Israel.
- Luke 9:20 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” Peter answered and said, “The Christ of God.”
- Luke 2:11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
- Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.
2. The eternal God who became a man.
- Luke 1:30-33 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. 32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. 33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”
- John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
- 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed in the world, Received up in glory.
3. The only savior of the world.
- John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
- Galatians 3:13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”),
- Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”