Reflexion, A Spiritual Community
Exodus 14 - STAND STILL AND WATCH
Apr 15, 2018
Chuck Smith, Jr
If you desire God, many religious experts tell us to learn more and do more
– are you reading your Bible enough? studying your Bible enough? is your doctrine sound?
• praying enough? going to church enough? volunteering? (are you helping in the nursery?)
◦ are you tithing? supporting missions and other religious organizations?
◦ are sold out enough? (100% isn’t enough, you must be a fictitious 110% sold out)
• the implicit promise: learn and do all this and you will be rewarded with an intimate knowledge of God
◦ but that never happens – there’s always one more thing to learn or to do
◦ this is the reason thousands of evangelicals are disenchanted, burned out
– what you seldom hear, from the experts is Be still and know that I am God
• or Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today
• we do hear this, however, from Moses in this climactic moment of Exodus