The North Platte City Council recently made the decision to send a sales tax initiative for a half-cent increase for a large recreational infrastructure project to a vote. It was a move triggered by a petition that picked up more than 2,000 signatures.
Attorney Brock Wurl of Palooucek, Herman & Wurl was instrumental in this process so we wanted to have him on the show to discuss the news. Today we’ll talk to him about how this all came together and what the next steps are before this hits the ballot later in the year.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn on this episode:
· Details on the city council meeting from early August (2:39)
· The research Brock did before tabling the vote. (5:30)
· What did it take to write the petition? (8:29)
· Background on the recreation project and reasons behind voting. (10:41)
· Technical details on the petition and what it took to make it work. (13:58)
· The procedure for the petition. (17:21)
· What are the next steps? (20:00)
· Why this is a great example of our government at work. (21:19)
· Did you know you can deposit checks through mobile? (26:08)
· What will occur between now and November? (28:38)
For more, visit us online: https://nebraskalandbank.com/podcast
If you enjoyed the episode, please rate, review & subscribe!
Follow us on Social:
This episode is brought to you by NebraskaLand Bank. We are Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.