The Jewish Education Experience Podcast
Cultivating a Sense of Hope and Joy with Your Students with Rabbi Danny Nevins
December 28, 2021
Rabbi Danny Nevins
Rabbi Danny Nevins has led three Jewish organizations since being ordained in 1994. He was senior rabbi of Adat Shalom in Farmington Hills, MI. He served as Dean at JTS Rabbinical School for fourteen years. In the summer of 2021, Rabbi Nevins began his current position as Head of School at Golda Och Academy, in West Orange, NJ. He is also a scholar of modern Jewish law. He has written many responsa on topics of modern Jewish life. You may find his publications at www.rabbinevins.com.
- The goal is to be a teacher of Torah, caregiver to people in need, and a model of integrity and faith.
- Don’t feel overwhelmed with how much you have to learn.
- Remember your own limitations.
- G-d is not in the world, the world is in G-d.
- Cultivate your own sense of hope and joy and learn how to model that for our students.
- Speak to your students about your struggles.
- Prepare your students to dedicate themselves to their purpose.
- Our lives have sanctity.
- Education is always about a community working together.
- Be willing to be vulnerable.
- Utilize professional development opportunities.
- Don’t look for shortcuts.
We receive a small commission for any items purchased through my Amazon link.Buzzsprout - Let's get your podcast launched!
Start for FREE
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.Support the show