Did you know a purple mattress, faux, grumpy fish, and the best mattress for sex are just a few known secret weapons for a good nights sleep? Let's dive into more amazing sleep studies from the one and only - Dr. Michael "ZEUS" Breus, Ph.D.
November 30, 2022
Dr. Michael Breus is a clinical psychologist who specializes in helping people improve the quality of their sleep and achieve peak performance during their waking hours. He’s also an author, a keynote speaker, and the owner of The Sleep Doctor, a company that researches all aspects of sleep health and tests mattresses, pillows, beds, and other bedroom essentials.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Dr. Michael Breus on:
- (00:13:53) His 5-step process for better sleep. Dr. Michael sets out the steps he takes to ensure a good night’s sleep. Plus, he shares details of the morning routine that sets him up for the day and stabilizes his circadian rhythm.
- (00:29:33) Identifying your genetic chronotype. Michael invites listeners to take the Sleep Doctor chronotype quiz to determine whether they’re early birds or night owls and work out the best time of the day for them to have sex.
- (00:34:10) How to stop snoring. He discusses the distinction between snoring and sleep apnea and gives some helpful advice on the best sleeping positions and sleep products for snorers.
- (00:53:36) Figuring out how much sleep you need. Michael reveals that the average sleep cycle is seven and a half hours long and describes the simple technique he used to find out how many hours of sleep he needed.
- (00:55:25) Healthy habits. We talk about starting and ending the day with gratitude and how compiling a mental gratitude list before going to sleep at night helps you fall asleep more quickly and gives you more positive dreams.
Make sure to check out:
The Chronotype Quiz: thesleepdoctor.com/sleep-quizzes/chronotype-quiz
The Sleep Doctor's Website: thesleepdoctor.com
Dr Michael's Mattress Recommendations: thesleepdoctor.com/best-mattress