What Does a Level V (Highest Level) Anger Management Specialist Do? Meet Dr. Christian Conte AKA “Doc” Who Is One of Only a Handful of Anger Specialists Sharing His 7 Fundamental Components of Meeting People Where They Are in Life!
April 20, 2023
Dr. Christian Conte is a leading emotional and anger management expert who often works with prisoners, prison officers, and high-performance sports teams. Christian is passionate about helping people gain control over their emotions, and his book Walking Through Anger provides valuable strategies for confronting conflict and staying focused and calm in emotionally charged situations.
In this episode, you’ll hear from Christian on:
- (00:13:09) Sports psychology. He explains why mastering the art of being present is the pathway to achieving peak performance and shares some tips for eliminating mental clutter and focusing on the task at hand.
- (00:21:45) Visualization. As an experienced prison counselor and educator, Christian describes the powerful visualization technique he uses to deal with chaotic and potentially dangerous situations.
- (00:25:02) Zen parenting. We talk about The Four Cs of effective parenting, and Christian reveals how his Thousand Times Rule can help parents be more compassionate, patient, and calm.
- (00:38:54) Tonglen Breathing Practice. Christian describes the meditation technique he uses to help heal pain and suffering. Plus, he shares his unique Seven Breaths technique.
- (00:50:12) Yield Theory. We discuss Christian’s Yield Theory which involves meeting people where they’re at and listening to, validating, and exploring their options with compassion and creativity.