Are you HITTING THE WALL? Let’s take a skydive on ELIMINATING LIMITING BELIEFS that are holding you back with co-founder of the Lefkoe Institute, Shelly Lefkoe
May 11, 2023
Shelly Lefkoe is the co-founder of the Lefkoe Institute and a world-renowned expert in teaching people how to eliminate their limiting beliefs. Shelly specializes in setting her clients free from the psychological constraints that prevent them from living happier and more authentic lives. In this episode, she takes John through the unique Lefkoe Belief Process and explains how to disrupt destructive thought patterns and create positive change in your life.
Today, you’ll hear from Shelly on:
- (00:14:01) Watering all your plants. She reminds high performers to pay attention to all aspects of their lives (including their families, relationships, and hobbies) and avoid focusing solely on their achievements or careers.
- (00:16:34) Challenging your beliefs. Shelly explains how we can start challenging the common limiting beliefs that we’re not good enough, we don’t matter, and that mistakes and failures are bad.
- (00:25:19) Finding emotional freedom. As someone who has learned to cultivate a healthy sense of self-worth, Shelly describes how our lives can change once we eliminate our limiting beliefs and stop worrying about what others think of us.
- (00:40:54) Recognizing how parental expectations can impact your adult life. According to Shelly, we need to examine how childhood experiences of not excelling in school or not living up to parental expectations can affect our confidence as adults and stand in the way of our success.
- (00:54:59) Learning to stop attaching meaning to meaningless events. John and Shelly talk about learning to detach our emotions from events that have shaped our beliefs and adversely affected our sense of self.