In today’s episode we look at what it means to Be Present - an important tenet of Intentional Optimism, and an extremely relevant and timely topic.
Intentional Optimism - a refresher
- Optimistic - hopeful, positive, proactive
- Present - having a sense of wonder, generous, kind/open
- Courageous - lead, adventure, resilient
- Energetic - industrious, energetic and life-focused
- Wise - understanding, words, respect
- Intentional - sense of purpose, plan, grow
Topics discussed in this episode:
What does it mean to be PRESENT?
Cultivating a sense of Wonder [3:39]
- Celebrate Beauty in all things and people
- See things fresh and new
- Decide to get Curious
Learn how to be Generous [5:25]
- With your Time, learn to be open to interruptions
- Nurturing relationships
- Share your Expertise! Link arms and reach out.
Be Kind & Open [7:25]
- Feeling all the feels! Emotions are our barometer.
- Don’t prejudge others' motivation.
- Be open to sharing with those in need. Embrace an abundance mindset
HABITS we practice and ACTIONS we take [10:32]
- Decide to look for wonder - in people, places & things
- Hold things, like time, money and resources loosely
- Determine to remind yourself that we are all made in the image of our creator
- Learn to manage your feelings to help yourself think new thoughts
Where do you need to become more PRESENT [13:26]
- Have you become cynical?
- Do you need to cultivate curiosity and wonder
- Be more open to sharing more time
- Foster a broader sense of openness for others
Resources mentioned in this episode:
If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you’ll see my daily posts from She Reads Truth. This is one of my Spiritual Disciplines - reading the Bible every day.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know how I can be your professional encourager!
Want to get more involved? Noom: A Mindful Way to Eat
Join the Intentional Optimists
Learn how to intentionally challenge your mindset in order to take control of your health.Skillshare: Spark your creativity.
Get 40% Off Annual Membership
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.Support the show