Spend a few minutes with your kids thinking about how God is faithful and just. This is a big and sometimes heavy topic, but we simplify it in an easy-to-understand way. Just like David believed that God would take care of the evil in his life, we can believe that God has a plan to fully and finally take care of all evil.
*The first few verses can be intense for young kids. We suggest listening to this episode first before sharing it with your kids.
They who seek to destroy my life will be destroyed;
They will go down to the depths of the earth.
They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.
But the King will rejoice in God;
All who swear by God’s name will praise him,
While the mouths of liars will be silenced.
Psalm 63:9-11 (NIV)
* Faithful - He does what He says He will do,
He always keeps His promises
* Just - does what is right and does not tolerate evil
Ask Your Kids:
* What do you think it will be like when Jesus comes back?
* What is something you can do to help you remember that Jesus is coming back and will make everything right?
Engage Your Kids:
* Read Revelation 19:1-21 about Jesus riding down from Heaven on His white horse
* Act out this scene with your kids taking turns pretending to ride down from Heaven on a white horse
* Discuss how Jesus will make everything right when He returns to earth.
* Become my email friend and receive a weekly guide to help your family go deeper with these verses.