Speaker 1: Welcome back to episode 133 of Project Geekology. This is the continued discussion of our Alien franchise marathon. Basically, we're just, week after week, covering another Alien movie. We're going to be eventually covering Alien Earth as well, and we're covering Alien 3, on this third part of this series, and we're reaching back to some of the cast from Aliens 2 as we start this movie off. We have Ripley, we have Newt, we have Corporal Hicks and then we have the android Bishop all returning, for you know at least the start of this movie and we'll see where these adventures go from here. I'm one third of your hosts, dakota, and I'm joined, as always, with anthony and I thought it was alien cubed uh, is that, is that actually the wouldn't cubed be? oh, no, two is squared, so three is squared, three is cubed yeah you're right. Okay, so maybe this is just alien cubed yes I'll have to mull that one over, but what?
Speaker 2: number is alien, though. Like what number represents alien? And like how are they cubing a word?
Speaker 1: excellent question. Excellent question. We're gonna be pondering this.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes uh, and and the the the last of our hosts joining us this week is.
Speaker 3: Rich, and I think that the way you cube something, a word, is you have to use the FOIL method. I'm an English teacher, not a math teacher, but I firmly believe this.
Speaker 1: Do explain the FOIL method, because I don't think I made it that far in math.
Speaker 3: So it's when you have to multiply two binomials it outer, inner, lasts.
Speaker 1: That's the the order of the multiplication you have to do when you then make it into a first outer inner last okay foil very good, and does that translate at all to the alien in this film?
Speaker 3: I mean it looked a little kind of metal-like when it was dripping that juice, but I'm not sure if there's any other relation other than the steel look.
Speaker 1: All right. So let's hold on, let's back this up. The first would be the first alien from the alien movie. Then the outer might have been the queen the queen, yeah, okay. In the second movie. The inner would be probably whatever's in ripley during this movie and the l. The last is probably this alien in alien 3, or alien cubed, as anthony is so willingly testing me on there's a pop quiz next week there's a pop quiz next week for alien resurrection. Guys, be guys, be there or be square. I'm going to get this right out of the way. This movie is juicy and probably not in the way that anybody wants it to be juicy. You know, in previous Alien franchise movies we've had juicy aliens, we've had juicy androids. Now we have juicy humans. A lot of blood is shed in. This movie had juicy androids, now we have juicy humans. A lot of blood is shed in this movie. Um, and it's, it's very typical, uh, I think of early 90s and mid 90s movies that are trying to be a little edgier. You think of like the like, going all the way up to like blade. In the late 90s you have this like level of rated r, where it's like super edgy to be gory and crass and yeah, it's uh dark, you know it's it's.
Speaker 2: And it's the grunge era of films, you know it's definitely, it's definitely the grunge era of films.
Speaker 1: So, in honor of the, the, the juiciness of it all, um, I'm gonna ask you guys to give this podcast, on whatever podcast application you're listening to, a five-star review, but not just a five-star review. Make it a juicy five-star review, as, as we enjoy here, um, there's a little bit of crunch in this movie, not the good kind, uh like a bone-sawing crunch in it, and I don't really I don't think that really applies to this podcast for this episode. But guys, give us a five-star juicy review if it's, uh, the last thing you, you do on whatever day you're listening to this. If it's the last thing that you do, you better.
Speaker 2: They're on their last breath. I got to give them that five-star review.
Speaker 1: Last thing you do on the day that you listen to this. I'm not telling you it's downhill from here, it's uphill, I think. To this. I'm not. I'm not telling you it's it's downhill from here, um, it's uphill, I think. So. Anyway, guys, uh, yeah, we're, we're gonna jump into our review very shortly, but before we get into any of that, I'm gonna send it over to rich. What have you been up to this past week?
Speaker 3: uh, just uh kind of in full swing with uh, cross country again. Uh, the school year is kind of getting into full swing. I had to go to my son's open house, which whenever I go to like an open house or a parent teacher conference. I know as a parent I'm supposed to do it to be a good person, but I feel like I'm crossing the picket line, like I'm a scab, like I'm a teacher and I'm going and making another teacher's day longer by by being there and and I feel I feel kind of wrong about that. But outside of that I've just really been still. I mean, the season is winding down in MLB. I have one more player to get. I think I'm almost there, guys, mlb the show right I will finally, yes, be able to buy the Aaron Judge regular card, which will give me the entirety of all mlb 26, all all the franchises. I will finally get that top carlos beltran card that I've been eyeing since april. So we're almost here. We're almost here. It's hard to do, though, because I'm grinding a lot and the mets are terrible.
Speaker 1: Can I ask you actually? Yeah, mlb, the show does. It does like the season ends when the mlb season ends, or it's just it'll go a little further.
Speaker 3: Like they'll they'll include because, like they have, like they have mini seasons or whatever seasons they call them. So like we're on season seven right now, so they'll probably have another season that'll be the playoffs they'll release special cards and then they'll have like one that ends. It'll be after the world series. Like they'll release some kind of cool world series car edition for the players that are left in the playoffs and then it'll finally end. I think like officially, they stopped, like uploading a lot of new stuff, like middle november.
Speaker 1: I want to say okay, all right, very good. Um, I want to pivot, uh, what you've been up to this past week, because you've been doing something for the past couple weeks, pretty much ever since we started the smallville oh uh podcast um, and you're almost done. You, you've been on a marathon stint. Uh and uh, how far, how far are you in smallville at this point? Uh, you don't have much left.
Speaker 3: I don't even know. Three, four weeks ago we watched one season of Smallville and now I'm on season 10. It's been a journey. I mean, I'm at work and when nobody's around and I'm just grading papers, I just throw Smallville back on. I'll watch like 15 to 20 minutes of it and then just have to pause it and come back to it. But with Hulu it's really convenient. So I'm just watching it wherever I want to watch it. If I'm in the car waiting for my son outside of Taekwondo before I pick him up, hey, that's another 10 minutes of Smallville, I can get in there. So it's crazy. I forgot what happens. It's nuts. Lana Lang is still a villain, I can happily say in season 10, I still firmly believe. Especially, do you think she knows that she's a villain? Oh yeah, she gets like a villain haircut. When she comes back she's like look at me, I'm Lana, the villain haircut Like she's I don't know man, she's bad news bears. She's terrible.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. So she's bad news bears. She's terrible.
Speaker 3: Fair enough. So you're on season. What now? Last season, season 10. I just started episode two right before we got together today. Fantastic, I'll probably be done with season 10. It's 22 episodes, so I would put it at. Today is Wednesday, probably Saturday. I'll be texting you guys about this.
Speaker 1: Very fair, very fair. I'm going to send it over to Anthony. What the heck have you been up, guy?
Speaker 2: Hey, just to let you know, rich and you did this to yourself after we're done with the Alien Marathon, we are doing Season 2. Oh no, so get ready to go back.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I have so many thoughts. Oh no, I'm going to be like a certain character when another character inhabited that character and overloaded them.
Speaker 2: You played yourself, man. But so what have I been up to man? A whole lot of nothing but working, that's not fun.
Speaker 1: A whole lot of nothing but work man. Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 2: No well, no, not like I've been working like all the time, but like I feel like really just like in the last time that that we've recorded like I've been working like all the time, but like I feel like really just like in the last time that that we've recorded like I've. You know, it's just been like normal day to day, like I'm working and then then like I'll go to the gym and then I go play some some video games you haven't had time to yourself to like.
Speaker 1: enjoy something.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I have had time to enjoy myself, like you know, gaming and stuff, but you know it's just like. You know just like it's been routine stuff that I've. That I've been up to, like I'm not saying that work has been insane, but I mean I've just been like you know, just it's been just work, gym, you know, gaming a bit at night and then going to sleep. But I do have. I do have like a little mini convention that I'm going to close by on saturday, so that'll be fun oh, that's cool. What, what a little when I say mini convention, like it's going to be in a high school gym nice.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've been to one of those is the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if they're the best but they exist well, I mean, uh, I mean they're, they're, they're actually really fun and the reason why, like I I say that is because the larger ones can be sensory overload and sometimes you can get some like really like. These small conventions are almost like you. You get the, the, you do get some artists that come in and people that come in with their stuff, but it's almost like a garage sale also and you can find some like really good finds like the last mini one that I went to, I found pokemon silver for like a really, really good price. Where we're in a world where and and I like was able to like verify that it was a legit one, but in a world where, like pokemon silver is like selling upwards to like verify that it was a legit one. But in a world where, like Pokemon Silver is like selling upwards to like a hundred dollars, I got it for like 40.
Speaker 3: Those places I used to go to the Knights of Columbus, uh around here with my dad and man, like for card shows, and they were like cringe and kind of sad, but at the same time you got some great deals so it was kind of worth going to yes, sir, but yeah, no.
Speaker 2: So that that's what I have going on. And well, I mean, I don't think I had said like last last week, but I did end up going to see earlier last week I did go to see, uh, freakier friday I think you did mention it, but did I mention?
Speaker 1: I don't remember if you mentioned whether or not you liked it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it was fun, I liked it. It was a solid movie. I think that it lived up pretty well to like the first movie Awesome, yeah, you know, the first one being a Lindsay Lohan classic, like that was just like the Lindsay Lohan era back then. So, yeah, it was fun to see her come back around. But, yeah, what have you been up to Dakota?
Speaker 1: Not a whole lot of pop culture stuff like we would normally discuss in the podcast. I went down to Miami literally like the morning after we recorded last week's episode, because my great-grandmother was in the hospital.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, that that's. That's which one I was actually going to ask you which which grandmother, which, uh, grandmother yeah yeah, it's the.
Speaker 1: It's the centenarian, the. She's 100 years old. She fell and broke eight ribs, but somehow is still kicking and is being discharged. I think she was discharged yesterday from the hospital, so they're going to finally require her to use a.
Speaker 2: Was it like downstairs or?
Speaker 1: It just fell in her room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, At a certain point you get too weak.
Speaker 1: But yeah, surprisingly she's still kicking, thankfully, but it's kind of like a weird thing because how do you survive that at 100 years old? It's crazy. I don't know, surprisingly she's still kicking, thankfully, but it's kind of like a weird thing because, like, how do you survive that at 100 years old?
Speaker 2: it's crazy I don't know. Hey, man, she, she's like you're not gonna, you're not gonna take me down at 100 years old yeah, I know I, I guess she's uh, it's been for 101, but anyway, uh yeah.
Speaker 1: So I was down there, visited family. It was in the nursing home for like most of it, honestly, it was like four or five hours. Family it was in the nursing home for, like most of it, honestly, it was like four or five hours a day. I was in the nursing home just sitting there. Otherwise I listened to the aliens plural aliens sequel uh, novelization, um, not too much new stuff there, but they do. It's kind of like the special edition of aliensens where they do incorporate the deleted scenes that are in the special edition cut of the second movie. So that was kind of cool because I hadn't seen those in forever. And I'm probably going to go back and rewatch the Alien special edition sometime either tomorrow or Friday, from um, from my, from my own like timeline notes or whatever. And uh, yeah, I watched alien 3 or alien cubed today and I downloaded the novelization for that and I'm gonna I'm gonna supplement my, my watch of that uh with that audiobook and then I'm gonna go into alien resurrectionurrection after I finish the audiobook. So that's my game plan. With the Alien movie slash novelizations, I get a little bit of a brief respite with Prometheus, because there's no novelization for that one, but there's a prequel novel and a novelization of Alien Covenant. So by the time we get to that, I have a lot of alien covenant. So by the time we get to that, I have a lot of like listening to do uh, for for that. But I'm excited about that because that's, a the only alien movie I've never seen and b the only alien movie that gets a prequel novelization or prequel novel officially so, oh, oh, you didn't see prometheus, I saw prometheus, I didn't see Covenant oh, okay, yeah, I saw Covenant what's next? so Alien 3, then there's Alien Resurrection and then it goes into the prequels Prometheus, alien Covenant, and then there's Romulus, which technically takes place between 1 and 2, and they're all basically different stories, which is just. It's such a bizarre franchise. They they go through so many different, like twists and turns, and alien cubed, as anthony is want to call it, is no, is no different. This is the probably the most bizarre one to me. Actually, it's probably not the most bizarre one, but it's. It's up there in like the top two most bizarre choices for the alien franchise. You know what?
Speaker 2: I'm I'm actually still a little surprised that this was like the one series that passed rich, like, like like when I think of um, because I, I know you watched the predator series and I did too but like alien is like, kind of like when it's like when you've watched predator you've also watched alien well, kind of you know, like they're two sides of this of like the same coin.
Speaker 3: But then again, I've never watched the predator, but you're also, I've never.
Speaker 2: That's crazy man am I the only one that's seen both? I think you are, in this case you have to understand also.
Speaker 3: The thing is, though, that when, like when, when I'm in florida and that predator movie comes on on the movie channel, I see arnold, who I love all right, like I already seen some arnold stuff, whatever I don't know. His voice is hilarious, and but also, the other draw was jesse the body ventura. He was a big wrestling guy, so I was like, oh, it's that, it's that wrestling guy, right, so I was more drawn to that, like if you didn't have, you know, sigordney weaver, and it was like hulk hogan, I guess you know like, oh, no, bro, the aliens aren't gonna get me, brother, you know, like, what you're gonna do aliens. You know, like I'd be, watching that in was in Gremlins 2.
Speaker 2: I will say, though, that the acting between the two is different. The earlier Predators are a little corny, and I think it is yeah, no, yeah, yeah, it's corny.
Speaker 3: Well, I think they've got you pushing too many pencils. Okay, anthony, I think that's the problem. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: That high five is the greatest high five of all time. We're not getting.
Speaker 2: I have seen that actually. Yeah, no, what happened?
Speaker 1: I've seen the high five, but anyway we're digressing. But anyway, we're digressing. We'll have to get to Predator at some point, I thought we were ingressing because they're in the same universe. Potentially. It's not been like really confirmed. Hey look, we have Alien vs.
Speaker 2: Predator. Are they canonical? No, but they exist somewhere, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Rich, you're welcome to skip ahead. Only to Alien vs versus predator and alien versus predator requiem, because it's the ones that we're not covering for the show. Um, good, and it's yeah, so you can watch those.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna watch them. I'm gonna bring faulty information to our next coverage because I will, as I always do reference other things that don't aren't the one that we're talking about that's fine by me with In this case.
Speaker 1: Shall we jump over to our discussion of Alien 3? , are you?
Speaker 3: sure you're ready for that. I'm not sure if you're ready for that.
Speaker 1: I'd like to start by saying something.
Speaker 3: I know nothing about this franchise. I have trusted you guys. I have done no extra reading, no extra anything, no extra rewatches, no watching forward, no watching backwards. I like. Aliens 2. I'm told Rich hang on. You get to see everybody in the third one and I'm like continuity, I love you. I don't want to have to learn new characters. I can just kind of learn a couple new people. But it's going to be about Bishop. It's going to have Newt right Lies, all lies.
Speaker 2: There's going to have new right Lies, All lies. There's continuity by technicality. All lies and, and, and, and. We do have a brief appearance of a Bishop, you know.
Speaker 3: And he's so sad. He's so sad to be in there that he's like, please just end me. But yeah, he was done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah he was done, yeah, but then we have the invasion of a Lannister in this one.
Speaker 3: I was saying it before. That's the saving grace, the only thing that calmed me down. I was like, oh it's Tywin Lannister and I just kind of imagined him cutting a deer apart and Wally haranguing his sons. So that did warm the cockles in my heart.
Speaker 1: but I, uh this, I I was having my, I was having a good laugh last week when I said you know we're gonna have the continuing adventures of newt hicks, rick ripley and bishop uh, as they make their way back to earth or whatever, whatever. I said um, and I saw. I saw the light in your eye like twinkle and I was just like oh is that the the anger that you had to let out?
Speaker 2: yes, that was the anger I had. I was so pissed off.
Speaker 3: I was like what's gonna happen with Newt? Maybe it's in. I had all these questions and then I was just Look, I know that I don't think this is the case, but you ever have a? I've heard some franchises where they just randomly grabbed a script and made it the third or fourth in that franchise, even though it doesn't super relate Like the Hills have Eyes or something like that. I think read one of the sequels is like just a completely different thing that they slapped over the franchise on cloverfield, cloverfield 3 yes, is that? yes, you know so what in the way like why didn't we continue the story of those like of newt over? Like what? Why the crash landing on this prison like an all-male, like religious prison? I'm very I was like what is this australia? Like I don't understand what is happening. I was so I was like I'm back to square one, like back to not knowing what the hell's going on over here. Guys, you know, and I don't, I don't know, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: But you know, we're finally kind of tapping into the name of Xenomorph. Right. We have a different one in this movie. We have finally gotten a non-humanoid Xenomorph in this one and it's kind of this one's kind of crazy. Like they go back to the solo X, solo xenomorph in this one, the. The second one had, uh, you know, a whole bunch of them and then now this one it's like just one and we're back to just that one xenomorph being able to just rip through everybody. You know, and you know there's a little, there's a little secret that's, you know, weighing on ripley's mind that she finds out later in the film.
Speaker 1: She does. Yes, there's a lot to unpack with this one. There's a lot of really good ideas in this movie and then there's a lot of really poorly executed. Most of it is poorly executed. By the end of the movie, I would argue that most of the film is poorly executed. I really enjoyed the first half. I enjoyed the first half. The pacing was interesting, I liked the characters and then when the aliens started killing everyone off, I just checked out. I was just like okay.
Speaker 2: I felt like I laughed a lot during this movie. There was a lot. There was a lot because because, like you said, this one where it's incorporating a lot of those aspects of action that we were getting in the in the 90s and you know, the blood was part of it and some of the acting I guess I don't know just the way that people were acting in the 90s was like kind of similar. Like like I was getting there's a lot of kind of corniness that was happening in this movie, but I mean it was. It was a fun watch. Like I don't do I think that it's like the best in the the series, no, but do I think it's still fun to watch? Yes, like it, you know it was. It was definitely fun to watch and I think it was even better to like that to see you know rich just completely have his heart broken. You know, I thought he wanted new to be dead. He like he, like he was so dead set on like why, is this child alive in this movie.
Speaker 3: He wanted new to die, you know right. I didn't, and that's what happens but not in that way like just like, just like. Well, how did she die? She drowned in like the freezing fluid.
Speaker 2: There was like a rip in the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like what drowning in space.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, like a little. Like, if you're gonna give me a death, like then she should have had like the alien implanted in her, like it should have been a little bit. I just feel like you wasted dude. You put like I know it's a different director, but you stuck like you gave her plot armor and then you kill her off camera. I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Give her five minutes on screen so I I think that that was like actually so. So the the way that you're, you're angry, that that's actually like one of the bigger complaints about this movie is that there are, you know, they. They survived at the end of that movie, just to die off screen.
Speaker 1: I do and I I did like I did say last week that she had plot armor you agreed with me, so I was like I am golden she did.
Speaker 2: She did have plot armor for a film for a film. Yeah, yeah, but but I I did so. I do agree with you like the earlier in the in the movie. I do like the, the idea of you know, ripley like wanting to. She's like you know, we got to burn these bodies because, you know, and she was holding off withholding like the reason why, like she was saying it was cholera. Yeah, it was a cholera xenomorphia maybe, but yeah, like I thought that that was like a cool idea and then at the end of the day, it was her that was the one that had a xenomorph implanted in her.
Speaker 1: You mentioned that it's a secret that she keeps, but she doesn't know it until I don't even think she like realizes that it's a possibility. Until after that that new xenomorph like goes up to her and basically like sniffs her or, like you know, communicates with her a little bit and then leaves right you know, and I think at that point she realized oh, I have plot armor again, for real this time.
Speaker 2: Let me go check this out. Literal plot armor Well. Well, she also keeps the reason why she wanted like these bodies burned and or checked. You know she called it cholera instead of like yeah, there's a parasite in it. You know there's an alien parasite that could be in these bodies.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of new stuff that this movie introduces and I think it's worth discussing because I like where they were headed. There's a lot of like cool just lore stuff that they, you know, added into the franchise. Now we know that the gestation period for Queens is much longer than the average alien, because she was on that base for several days, where we normally see a like an alien xenomorph develop and pop out of a body within. I think I think the novelization called it 12 hours for yeah, it was some. It was definitely like a short period of time yeah, so this is all happening, uh, rather slowly for her and it's giving her I don't know how she knew it was the queen, though she just kind of assumed, but because she says it aloud it becomes lore, you know, like that's, that's right so I don't know how she determines that, just from go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think she determined, possibly like after that interaction with the alien, that there might have been, like you said, there might have been some sort of communication or the way that it kind of reacted to her Like it didn't. You know, we don't really see how the xenomorphs interact with each other. You know, outside of, like you know, you just see them rushing whoever they're trying to kill, but like you don't see them interacting amongst each other, right? So I think that, like you know, when she had the idea like oh, let me get myself checked, you know, one like that it was taking, that she was starting to feel whatever she was feeling and that it was taking a while, that you know usually that the xenomorphs are just popping out like really quick. And two like yeah, like that interaction, maybe she was like okay, well, it, it sensed that the the xenomorph inside of me, but the interaction was kind of odd, you know, like some sort of fealty or whatever. You know, I don't know, yeah, it's. You know, maybe that's what she was. You know, maybe that that's how she came up with with the idea. But you know, at this point it's speculation. It's never really like shown, maybe I mean, did it?
Speaker 1: no, it looked the same as any other, I think uh rich, what are your thoughts so far on our discussion? You've been quiet for a bit. Well all right.
Speaker 3: So I, I do, I do, I like, I like the introduction of, like the idea of the possibility, like the, the queen's gestation period is longer and that's why because I before you said 12 hours from the novelization, I haven't read that. I felt that, like, my guess was about 12 hours from it. It was quick. You know from the first what's his name I can't remember his name now, but the first guy who got face-hugged, and then Kane, kane, and then he had the alien come out, you know. So I liked, I really liked the new kind of xenomorph. I wish I'm a little greedy, but I almost wish, I wish that we had seen like other animals as well. You know, I felt obviously tragically terrible for the pooch who, uh, who sacrificed for this, you know, and uh, but I, I like you, I think, like you said earlier, dakota, I really liked the beginning. Like I was like oh, oh, oh, all right, you know, and then it almost feels like all these cool things are happening and then, once you figure out that she's got that, she's got, you know, the queen inside of her gestating or whatever, I feel that's when the movie just kind of like grinds to a halt a little bit and it almost takes too long, because once I know the queen's inside of her, I'm like, okay, look, she's got to die right. I'm like, okay, look, she's gotta die right, like that's I. I don't know what happens next, I don't know if she's gonna come back or anything, but I firmly knew that she was going to die because I had seen, like I think I guess I had seen an image somewhere of the little kind of like alien popping out of her. You know, and those aren't really that scary like if those aliens try to bite an apple, I bet you they wouldn't even be able to bite an apple like they, like the first bite would be like unsuccessful, you know, like it's not really, I don't know they would just like straight up that that, like other mouth that they have, they would just like penetrate through the thing and just obliterate it fair, fair, that makes sense. I just, uh, you know those, those that can't like bite apples, they don't intimidate I, I don't know, I I did, I'm not gonna lie to you, I think my parents wait, wait, back up, back up.
Speaker 1: Is this, is this a personal attack? Is this a personal attack? Has my wife been saying something at work?
Speaker 3: my teeth my teeth.
Speaker 1: My teeth face inward, basically, so I have a hard time biting an apple. I basically, when I bite into a chunk of apple, it's not a full chunk, it's two small chunks where my teeth are able to like grasp it. Okay, I have a weird jaw, I know so uh dude I did not dude, I didn't.
Speaker 3: My heart might pick up, my heart might be giving out jen gives me this information, he goes is there a way that you can incorporate it into the show? I'm like, what if I talk about how the little alien mouth can't bite the apple? And she's? And she's like is he gonna pick up on it? I'm like I'm gonna go real heavy-handed on this and anthony's probably gonna be like what are you all talking about? I was like, but I'm gonna keep going until dac gets, and it was in just on cue.
Speaker 2: I was like, yeah, no, that thing would just obliterate oh, let's continue so uh, my second bite.
Speaker 1: My second bite of the apple is totally fine. It's just a really unpleasant and difficult first bite.
Speaker 3: Okay so all jokes aside, so so what?
Speaker 2: we were saying so. So what you're saying is that you need one of those small.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you need a chameleon, perhaps I uh, I won't lie though that scene I was waiting for it. I was dying to see how she was gonna die and I'm going. I'm not gonna lie to you the fact that she went like full golem, uh, also like hey, 90s movies. Uh, why does everything have to go into like lava, whatever terminator 2? But like I I do. And then when she was falling in I was like wait, are we really not gonna get it? Why does everything have to go into like lava, whatever Terminator 2. ? But like I do. And then when she was falling in I was like wait, are we really not going to get it? Are we not going to get it? And then it happened and as corny as it kind of and cheesy as it was, I'm not going to lie to you that I love that Like she's falling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as I saw that, I was like oh man, the 90s cheese. And then she like hugs onto it as she like falls in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's discuss that a little bit, because it almost, in a weird twisted way, looked motherly, you know, like holding the baby down to your chest. Obviously, that's the visual that's being shown or showcased, but is that what she's trying to accomplish? Or she just doesn't want it to jump off of her, or what are we thinking here?
Speaker 3: oh, I assume she was just trying to make sure it died with her, but wow, what a twist if she, like, had some sort of. I mean, in some weird ways, ripley is probably more connected to the aliens than any living thing in existence at this point, because they blew newt out of the water, you know so yeah that, that that'll definitely roll into the next one dun dun dun, I'm not even no spoilers he has no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't trust you guys.
Speaker 2: I was gonna. I'm gonna leave it there. But there's no faith in you. But you know at least.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of sad that ripley's dead and we we kind of lose, like sigourney weaver, as like the primary actress in the series you know I don't believe anything you people say I will report back to the I will report back to the listeners next week, uh but I mean she died, I think.
Speaker 2: Hold on wait. How do you come back from like being fully enveloped in lava?
Speaker 1: when, when the terminator went into lava. That was it. We never saw.
Speaker 3: We never saw him again yeah, listen, I don't trust the company. Paul reiser worked for the company. I don't trust them. All right, the company can do tons of stuff. Apparently. The company rules everything. It's like just the government basically.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's probably call up lex luther, lana lang or something and she'll show up and be a villain, I bet you it'll actually be really interesting once we get to alien earth, because I did watch the first episode of alien earth and they do discuss the like, the geopolitical landscape of like how companies rule everything and it's it's actually it's going to be really like an interesting discussion after we've seen everything that the company has done and you know all all the machinations that occur over the years so like outer worlds kind of like.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you ever played the outer worlds games. Uh, I haven't no okay, it's a very, it's very company. The company is basically owned planets and they're very corrupt and you have to operate and kind of keep them all faction happy, essentially.
Speaker 1: I wonder how much of that's based on the Alien franchise, because I think this is just a hugely influential franchise at this point in terms of science fiction. So I think that concept has bled into a bunch of stuff post alien. No, that makes sense oh, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: No, it's definitely an influence. Influential series I mean rich had even brought up how there was a whole scene in space balls from, from aliens. So I mean it, you, it, you do definitely see the influence of it throughout. I mean, you also see, there's also definitely influence from Predator. Like I said, they kind of stand neck and neck those series.
Speaker 1: So I do have to touch on a couple things you guys have mentioned, and I think, rich, you mentioned both of the things I want to touch on, the first being the alien itself coming out of the, out of the dog, the boxer, as sad as that is the. There's an assembly cut, like it's another cut of the film that released in 2003, that has alternate scenes and it's kind of like a special edition. Um, the director wasn't involved, but it does have scenes that didn't make it into the final cut of the theatrical version. Instead of a dog in Alien 3 or Alien Cubed, it's a cow, I promise you, it's a bull, I think it's a bull.
Speaker 3: Logistically. What are you talking about? How is it getting around the prison if it's just a giant ass cow? That doesn't make any sense, that's stupid.
Speaker 1: So there's a scene in that cut where ripley's ship or ripley's pod falls into the onto the beach. Basically To haul it back onto land, they have a bunch of cattle Just drag it onto the prison. I don't know why they have cattle. I don't know. I don't have the answers to that.
Speaker 2: And it's like how would that have worked when the outside world was below zero? Don't know.
Speaker 3: Don't know. Are we really Was this Was the screenplay for this movie, or was this just like another movie that they just put aliens in? I'm very confused.
Speaker 1: All right, I have an answer, a little bit of an answer. Not the answer you're looking for exactly, but you mentioned that it feels like another franchise's movie. Well, I don't know that it is necessarily another franchise's movie. Well, I don't know that it is, uh, necessarily another franchise's movie, but it's definitely a corporate movie. Like it's a fox engineered this movie to death, basically. So they they hired a bunch of directors, a whole, like a whole bunch of them, whole bunch of writers, and one by one they just kept spitting out unfinished scripts. They kept dropping out as directors. They ended up falling in with this first-time movie director, first-time picture director, david Fincher. They did not give him a full script to work with. So the beginning of the movie is scripted, most of it. It makes a lot of sense. The beginning of the movie is fairly scripted, but by the end of the film you'll notice very little makes sense. It just kind of rushes to the end. Well, that's because he quit, maybe after the filming happened, but during the editing, before the film was completed in the editing room, he walked out and he's never looked back. They released an Alien quadrilogy box set of the first four Alien movies, I think, in the early 2000s, all of the original directors gave commentaries, except for David Fincher. He wants nothing to do with the franchise. Basically, fox burned him out because started like micromanaging everything that he was doing to the point where the movie stopped making sense, um, and they just wanted to churn out another horror blockbuster. Basically, um, and that's why it has that that feel, you know, like that, like corny, uh, 90s camp horror adventure. You know, like that, you, you would, you've probably. You know like that, like corny, uh, 90s camp horror adventure. You know, like that, you, you would, you've, probably. You know, everyone's seen a couple movies like this at least, and they're all from the 90s. And that's why this movie is the way that it is, because, um, there was clearly love put into it, but not enough to keep it going to fruition.
Speaker 3: Basically, and and yeah, it's, it's, it's a weird, it's a weird movie in the franchise for that purpose, so that that does make a little bit more sense for me, because I just found it's just felt so yeah, like that's it, it doesn't flow studios become too involved man like stop micromanaging people.
Speaker 2: Let them do their thing. Bro, could you imagine, like, like, if they let him do his thing, it could have been like a whole other? Like you know, it could have been a better movie. So but that yeah, no see, see that I didn't know, I didn't know that he that, that he walked out and and the the post-production and it is.
Speaker 1: It is frustrating because it does have the ideas of a good movie, you know, or at least a good successor to the first two movies, because each movie has added more lore to what the aliens are capable of, what they do, what you know this universe entails right, right and that, like they can kind of infect more than just humans, you know they can go to animals yeah, so that's what this one provides.
Speaker 2: So I mean there is, there is a bit that you can take from this, and while this might not be the best alien movie, it's not the worst movie that you'll ever see, though you know, there is still stuff to to enjoy, like the scene where, like uh, ripley is like trying to run up to the warden and he's like he's like, oh there, you know, there, there, there's one here, there's one here, and he's like man, get her out of here. And just gets like ripped right up into the ceiling. The scene after that had me laughing. Like the dude there was, like a dude that was mopping the blood up, but like he was like kind of like looking at it.
Speaker 1: I'm like dude, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I said I'm not going under that thing. If there was that dude, there was a guy that was just there that just got murdered. That blood can stay there until we kill this thing.
Speaker 1: I felt bad for the prisoners because, like, clearly they had already all repented, they had all kind of made their peace with their god and their, their, their lot in life. They'd, all you know, made a vow of chastity, um, and celibacy, and, uh, they were all trying to be better people. And then Ripley comes and she like Ripley's up everything she Ripley's believes in or not, you know meets back on the menu boys, the whole, the whole shebang, and it really I mean obviously like these are not good people, you know, but I think they've already paid their price, so it sucks that they are sucked back into that life of crime and immorality that a lot of them are. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did like Clemens and I did like the guy Dylan. He had, like you know, there's some, were some redeeming characteristics. There were a couple times, though, that I remember, when Ripley is trying to set up a plan and he's like why should we put our lives on the line for you? Literally, I was telling the TV I'm, I'm like, dude, it's, either she does it by herself and you know she dies, or you could just wait out and wait for it to kill you, like I mean, your life is already on the line. It doesn't matter if you're you. It's like you either wait there for it to kill you or you do something about it, you know do we?
Speaker 1: do we think that this alien is as intelligent as the other aliens that we've seen that are born from humans? So this one was born from a dog and or a cow, depending on the version you watched.
Speaker 3: How would a cow get through those vents, man, there's no way, I don't got an answer for you.
Speaker 1: It does exist. I did watch that scene.
Speaker 3: Would the milk be acid, like if it was a cow, like is if it's a heifer. It would be juicier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like more juice, like just just squeer, you know so I mean the alien itself looks the same, regardless of like, uh, whether it was a dog or a cow.
Speaker 2: Basically, I, I think it, just it was it was quadruped, you know like right, right, right, like all the xenomorphs look about the same, except I feel like this one might have been a little bit more animalistic, because I mean, I don't know man, it, it seemed faster too it did seem fast.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it. It technically would have been faster because dogs are faster than humans. I think a cow at full speed is faster than a human. And this movie you kind of have to treat one. You have to either choose one or the other. It's not that if you're watching the version with the dog birthing, the alien chestburst or whatever, that becomes the canon in that sense. If you watch the version with the cow, that becomes the canon in that sense. If you watch the version with the cow, that becomes a canon. But like in the cow version, if there was a dog in that universe that gave birth to it, it would look a little bit different. You know what I'm saying. Like they the the movie, depending on the version you get, you have to like, kind of like suspend disbelief. Okay, in this version, this is what the aliens look like. In this version, this is what the aliens look like when birthed from a cow. But anyway, what I'm what I'm asking is does the human element make them more intelligent than the quadruped element?
Speaker 3: because it was just killing indiscriminately.
Speaker 1: Like in in the last movie, the aliens weren't immediately killing, they were like bringing them into the lair and cocooning them for eventual.
Speaker 2: You know like right insemination from the queen, basically right, like like there is more of a strategy, you know, like they, they were trying to essentially like a corral the people and aliens to like exactly where they wanted them to be, kind of right. But yeah, in this one you're right, this alien was just animalistic, yeah, just it killed, you know. So I think that, yeah, it does take on some characteristics from its host which, I mean, it makes sense. You know, a parasite is always gonna take, you know, some sort of you know something from the host, right, yeah, I think that that's what we're seeing here okay, I like it rich.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts does? Does this? Is this one dumber than the aliens from the past couple past couple movies? I don't know, because I don't know what its intentions are and I don't know how that relates. Is this one dumber than the aliens from the past couple movies?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I don't know what its intentions are and I don't know how that relates to Ripley having the queen inside. I don't know if the aliens from Aliens second movie just to clarify, they have the queen nearby, right? We don't know how they communicate. There could be some kind of like ant, like radio waves that are transmitted to them from the queen. They're there, there's more of them, so maybe they have like a hive mind thinking. That then makes them smarter. This alien from this movie may have just been out to clear everyone out indiscriminately so that the queen is safe. You know like there's. The easy answer is yes, the human ones are smarter. The questions I have, because I don't know the franchise as well, are are these possible pathways to the way we understand the alien civilization I guess I'll call it or the their, their bonding, and how that impacts their intelligence and actions overall?
Speaker 1: yeah. Do they have a hive mind? Do they have a collective uh conscious? Are they the borg?
Speaker 3: yeah, look, you know, you know something like that, like that's. That changes to me a lot. You know, and we do know, that some insect species kind of communicate in that kind of way, you know, with not, I would not telepathically, obviously right, but they, you know, without, uh, without any kind of any kind of verbal exchange over expanses. So these do seem very bug-like. So I wouldn't be surprised if they have some kind of similar patterns to the way we would have some insect kind of civilization developing.
Speaker 1: Right, right. What are your thoughts on the futuristic, almost post-apocalyptic Christianity themes? We know that this is like a new religious cult that they've like created in the middle of this planet. They chose not to leave. They chose to almost become monks, extending their own fate basically as prisoners. Personally, I thought this was a really, really cool idea. You know like it's not something that I don't think. This is like a weak layer to this cake. Basically, I feel like this is a really cool concept in a film that almost relays that in a really satisfying way. What are your thoughts, anthony?
Speaker 2: I feel like it really fits in well with the themes of Aliens, Because I feel like there's always been some sort of layer of post-apocalyptic feel to it. You know, in the first one they go to some derelict ship, you know obviously there's some like catastrophe that happens. They go back to LV-426, where there's a whole colony that was like wiped out. So I feel like it fits in well with that theme and the planet that they were on was almost like post-apocalyptic in a way that they had to be in this prison because where are they gonna go if they leave? they're gonna freeze, you know yeah and there's no way off of the planet other than the supply ship that arrives every six months. You know so, the fact that, yeah, that they had kind of like this polka, this polka, um, this post-apocalyptic cult in in a prison that seemed like it seemed run down right, like there was like a you know kind of like a warden, but like it seemed like it was run by the prisoners anyway, you know, like so I I think everyone at that point was on kind of like equal footing, it seems yeah there was a warden and there was a company man.
Speaker 1: I think they called him like 86 or something, 85 because that was his 85 that was his iq, yeah, which is like so mean you? Know, like he's just he's, he's there to help them. Yeah, I, I kind of liked 80, I liked 85. Did he survive? I forget, did he? Did he make it to the?
Speaker 3: end? No, I don't believe so I gotta re-watch it. I'm gonna was he the one that got gunned down yeah, because I think he tried to like assert his authority oh yeah, wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 1: He randomly his authority. Oh, yeah, wait wait, wait. He randomly attacks the guy who was like bishop's maker or yeah claimed to be bishop's maker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just like snaps and like attacks him he attacks him with like a, like a.
Speaker 1: What did he? It was an axe, right yeah, because he's just so.
Speaker 3: I I think at that moment, if I recall correctly, like basically it gets explained that you know they were trying to kind of convince Ripley to go back with the specimen inside of her and right yeah, he had been defending the company. I think that was his breaking point, and you know that's true.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: For being a moral man. He immediately met his death, seconds later. You're right.
Speaker 1: Okay, man, I got to rewatch this movie because I think I did clock out at a certain point where I was just like man, this is just unraveling. But did you notice that when he attacked Bishop or the creator of Bishop, he was bleeding red blood? It wasn't the milky substance, raider of bishop. He was bleeding red blood like it wasn't. It wasn't the milky substance. So I'm, I'm, but like he like took a chunk out of off of like the back of his head and he was still like conscious, you know, like he wasn't like bleeding out on the floor, like he had like the the side of his face was like like like his ear was like hanging off, like lopsided, like a big chunk of his face had fallen off, but he was bleeding blood. So I'm, I'm really curious what that was all about, because, like a normal person wouldn't be able to consciously stand there and still, you know, try to tell, tell ripley to you know, come back. You know it was a really, it was a really weird scene, but I don't know what to make of it I mean, maybe like they, just like you know what we need to make these robots more lifelike.
Speaker 3: What can we do? Why don't we make the milk red so it looks like blood to me?
Speaker 1: actually it's probably not a bad point.
Speaker 3: I'm not, I don't even think it's that much. I'm not even sure if it's that much more complicated than they just try to upgrade the sense to be more human, like. So they're like, hey, humans don't even think it's that much, I'm not even sure if it's that much more complicated than they just try to upgrade the sense to be more human, like.
Speaker 2: So they're like hey, humans don't bleed. It's just like every time I see that milky substance. It's just so disturbing, like it just looks so weird it's just robot juice, all right, it's no big deal, it's just you know yeah, yeah, but it's like I don't know, it's just like it's sickening, it's like you know, like I said, if they, if they had like just like regular, just motor oil in there, it would have been like whatever, but for some reason they like make it I don't know it's milky, and then they give them like innards, that kind of go with it too. That like it just looks weird, like it looks worse it's like chunky innards where. It's like yeah like small little balls on it like these people are getting like obliterated in this movie. You just see, you know, blood and body parts just getting splattered everywhere, but like the milky substance just makes me gag. You know, I don't know, it's just nasty there's.
Speaker 1: There's a couple actors that I was happy to see. Um, it was really cool seeing charles dance uh, who's best known these days for his portrayal of tywin lannister and game of thrones, and he wasn't a villain, even though he's such, he has such, especially in his old age, he has such a sinister face. I I was uh waiting for him to be a bad guy like I.
Speaker 3: I was just like, oh this like I and I, I know this is my, I, oh this and I know this is my. I've talked about it on the show before. This is my bias. If I see an actor in one role, sometimes that they're forever that guy, so it was. I didn't trust him for a while. It took a lot for the character to earn my trust.
Speaker 1: They also had Anthony you might not know this, this character from dr who, because he was, he was only in one like official episode. Um. The eighth doctor, paul mcgann uh had a significant portion in the early part of the film up until, like, they chained him to a hospital bed, uh, because they thought that he killed a couple people um oh like, yeah, I remember that guy.
Speaker 2: He's the one that called the xenomorph a dragon.
Speaker 1: Yes, he called it, so that was he plays the eighth doctor um in a film, like a tv movie for doctor who uh in 97 um and that's his only full episode of.
Speaker 2: As the Doctor. He's like the doctor. He's like, yeah, the first kind of like modern era doctor before we get Christopher Eccleston.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I know exactly who you're talking about. Okay, we also get what's his name there, the actor. There's an actor from, uh, the lost world in there also yes, I'm looking at the cast list now. Uh, pete postlewaithe yes, yeah, he plays. Yeah, he's in the lost world. He plays like one, one of the the hunters yes, and that's probably what I recognized him from like I feel like he kind of
Speaker 1: disappeared a little bit after the the 90s, but he does.
Speaker 2: I think he was immediately recognized. Recognizable because, like I don't know what he's got going on with his eyebrows, but those things are bushy it's a yeah, it's an incredible. They're bushy in this movie and they were bushing in that bushy, in that movie an incredible mug.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there's. There's a lot of, uh, good talent in this movie, um, and, I think, a lot of good performances. I was just kind of sad to see all of them just gunned down for the sake of being gunned down. Um, it's an alien movie. You're not supposed to survive for the most part.
Speaker 2: You know, unless the script has the words plot armor written on the front, then just expect to be dead.
Speaker 1: I mean Ripley does have plot armor right up until the very end. We know that she has plot armor just enough so that she can fix whatever issues going on on base and then kill herself.
Speaker 2: Man. I'm just saying because I really do like ripley's character, like I think that sigourney weaver, like even even with this movie you know being the the movie that it is like I still like sigourney weaver in this movie she's still the same character and it's just a shame that, like, this is the last movie that we're gonna see her in in the aliens franchise nice try, buddy.
Speaker 3: I don't believe it. I don't believe you guys. I want all of you out there to know I haven't cheated, I haven't looked forward, but I don't believe these two rapscallions that, that, that I think.
Speaker 2: I think rich just sold himself out, because no, you know, like how would you know anything if you haven't looked in the future right?
Speaker 1: I I know dakota I'm gonna need you to lock your boy down I, I do, I do think I honestly, I just I just find it funny that he's like accusing us of all this just because I made I, I decided to like play with his feelings a little bit last week it's over.
Speaker 3: You understand I'm gonna doubt everything you guys say about the future of franchises I didn't do that to you.
Speaker 2: That was dakota.
Speaker 3: This is like this I had a friend when I was in high school. Okay, gave me to kill a mockingbird and he handed it to me and he said he would just okay. So he did this for a while. He would just like give me books and then tell me a random plot point. Gave me lord of the rings uh, lord of the rings, uh, flies, he goes, piggy dies, who's Piggy? I start reading, I'm like, oh, there's a character. Boom, the guy dies, right. So he sets me up End of the year. Gives me To Kill a Mockingbird. I start reading it and he goes. Oh, by the way, boo Radley gets struck by lightning. My friends, I read that book and I intently was like when is this plot going to? How is this going to even be a thing? This book does not lend itself to a lightning death. And then I finished a book and there was no lightning death.
Speaker 1: All right, that's awesome. He said he was playing the long game.
Speaker 2: He had me on a bunch of books.
Speaker 3: He really did.
Speaker 2: That's a long game. Well, honestly, is it really that long? Because, knowing Rich, he probably read those books like very quickly. That's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was probably over the course of a weekend or two. So touching on To Kill a Mockingbird, I have to say I don't think I've ever mentioned it on this show. I think that's my favorite work of fiction ever written. I think that's truly a masterpiece. I think that is a flawless novel and I will sing its its praises more, more than the very end, more than the zon trilogy, the what trilogy? the timothy zon, uh oh, the timothy zon uh, I think, yeah, like personally, it's fair, it's a perfect novel, like it's. It's absolutely like. I've read it like probably 15 times. It is just a work of it's a master class.
Speaker 3: Guys please make sure you join us on our offshoot podcast, Project Bookology, where we talk about famous works of literature.
Speaker 2: Dakota would definitely do that. The literature, dakota would definitely do that, and I feel like I I feel like you know that that might be the podcast that we could, that you would actually be able to pull jen onto, you know, since you know she doesn't want to join the, the geeks anymore oh man, I gotta pull her onto this.
Speaker 1: Uh, this show. Uh again soon, because like we're getting accusations here it was we.
Speaker 2: We've been, we've been demanding it rich. You work with her all the time and you're on this podcast all the time. I need you to plant those seeds into her mind to join us again.
Speaker 3: I'll do my best. If I can pull off the apple thing, I can pull off anything Alien Resurrection, that was good.
Speaker 1: Let's get her for Alien Resurrection. She's not going to do it, but let's get her.
Speaker 2: Alien Earth. All righty. So yeah, back on track. I feel like we're at the point. I don't know if there's anything else that you all wanted to add.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel a xenomorph rumbling in my stomach.
Speaker 2: Last thoughts on Alien 3, alien Cubes Rich.
Speaker 3: Anger Disappointment. Last thoughts on alien. Alien 3, alien cubes rich anger disappointment. Uh, no it, it was a. It was a. I had expectations and they it did fall short of my expectations, I won't lie. I I kind of expected it to kind of continue in the aliens 2 vein. So I was amped up for like, uh, you know, kind of a predator-esque uh, once again just kind of shooting and just tons of aliens and and it kind of slowed down and and went back to its roots a little bit. Uh, which was a little kind of jarring in in terms of how they were portraying ripley. Uh, you know, they have no weapons, right, like they have no real weapons in this one. Like the last one, they have all this firepower. So it was an interesting different chapter that gave us new information about how the aliens propagate their species and all that stuff is interesting. But like, if I'm reading the movies, out of the first three, this is the third I would rate it.
Speaker 2: I'd rate aliens 2 as my first, aliens 1 as number 2 and this one comes in dead last yeah, the, the, the first two movies are great for their own reasons, you know, and that's because we had two different directors for them and they're great for you know what they do. This movie, you know, yeah, I would put this movie below those ones, but I will say, kind of like what you said, it is good for at least introducing more lore to the, the alien universe. We get that the xenomorph that you know comes out of an animal, so it's like that's possible that animals can host these. So for that, I do think that it's pretty good for that. And, yeah, man, we get a really good last hurrah for Ripley. What about you, dakota?
Speaker 3: See what you did there, anthony. I'm not buying it, buddy, I'm not buying it.
Speaker 1: Alien 3 is a product of corporate greed. It's kind of an allegory of itself, because a lot of the Alien franchise, weyland-yutani um is the company, the capital c company, you know. Like that is like overlooking everything that's going on and that's basically what happened here fox 20, 20, 20th century fox. By the way, the, the intro I want to mention, like the intro of the movie, where it's a 20th century Fox fanfare and it like crescendos into like this instead of like the, it's just like and it's it turns into almost like dune music and it's just it's. It gives me chills. It's a great way to start the movie, um, but anyway, 20th century Fox, they overstepped their, their bounds with this one and it's unfortunate because there's a lot of good in this. There's a lot of really, really good ideas and I wish there was not necessarily another director, because I think that David Fincher has a very unique look to what he's doing. It's a very creative lens, especially when he's looking through the eyes of the alien, but it's too much.
Speaker 2: Too much um micromanaging too much micromanaging.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I, I agree with that. So, all things said, though it's, you know, out of these first three films, it still makes it into the like, it still makes it into my top three out of these, out of these three films, yeah, I'm okay with whatever's happening so far.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see what's happening. I would hope that it's in your top three.
Speaker 1: Of at least the first three, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, would you say that Waylon and 21st Century Fox is interchangeable? They like, became the company Century.
Speaker 1: Fox as interchangeable, they became the company. I think for the sake of my argument here, I would say yes, I think 20th Century Fox is technically Weyland-Yutani. They've meddled too much in the affairs of Ellen Ripley and now they must pay With poor box office performance and poor reception, critically, and we'll see what happens next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, and killing off their main moneymaker.
Speaker 1: Next time on Dragon Ball Z. Join us for episode 134 of Project Ecology. Next week we're covering Alien Resurrection. It's the fourth film in the I guess it's seven films series. Oh, really quick. There's actually a little bit of alien news before we close out. The director for Alien, Romulus, has said Wait, did you say?
Speaker 3: the next one is called Resurrection.
Speaker 1: No, no, I didn't say that. Wait, did you say, the next one is called Resurrection? No, no, I didn't say that.
Speaker 3: See, I didn't even know the names of the movies Resurrection. Come on, what do you think? I'm an idiot.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the Resurrection here? Yeah, but the Resurrection might be the queen.
Speaker 3: Paul Reiser's coming back.
Speaker 1: He was a real, you know, game changer. So they just released news and I feel like it's it's important to talk about it now that we're discussing alien like lore and stuff and you know the directors and all that. Uh, the director for the seventh film in the franchise, uh, fade alvarez, who directed alien romulus, said that the next film, like a sequel to Alien Romulus, has been written, but he is not directing it. So I'm kind of sad about that, because he had an awesome vision for Romulus, like there's so many incredible scenes in that one. But anyway, back to next episode 134 of Project Ecology. We are covering Alien Resurrection, which is directed by Joss Whedon. Many of you know him from the Avengers films, from Buffy, from Firefly. He's a not-so-celebrated director these days, but he was a and I don't think he was a celebrated director in those days either, but in between now and 97, he was a celebrated director at some point. But anyway, yeah, joss whedon, poor guy, go, I'm going crazy here. Uh, join us next week for episode 134. We're excited to discuss the fourth, uh installment in the alien franchise. But if you haven't already and you want to check out some of our socials, be sure to click down in our show notes for more. And yeah, guys, we shall see you soon.
Speaker 2: Goodbye y'all.
Speaker 1: All right Meets back on the menu.